any authors on here??????

Options
i write all the time. i am trying to finish typing my final copy of my first book. i have been writing stories since i was 9. my mom used to yell at me because i spent so much time writing. any authors/writers out there like me? add me if you are.

Replies

• KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    I'm still working on finally finishing any of the many stories I've started lol. I love writing, but always seem to get writers block, followed by a lot of cool ideas for new stories lol.
  • Fromadaughter
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a collection of essays/short stories but have no idea what to do with them when I 'm done. Feel free to add me!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've selfpublished my first and am editing my second.

https://www.facebook.com/aprilplummerauthor

I hate promoting...but take a look, like my page, buy my book! :)
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on finally finishing any of the many stories I've started lol. I love writing, but always seem to get writers block, followed by a lot of cool ideas for new stories lol.

I am right with you on this one! I have started three different young adult fiction pieces and the start of them always seem so gripping in my head. I feel it locked in there. The one ready to get out!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I wrote this post.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A friend and I are writing a book, but it's of the non-fiction variety. More of an editing and ghost-writing task of amalgamating essays, but I will still feel badass when it's a book ;).
  • mollycule1997
    Options
    Yes! I am an author of two self-published equestrian guide books. I'm currently working on the third edition, though the first book was published when I was only 13. Now, two years later, I'm looking to improve my vocabulary, writing technique, and spend more time both behind a book and a Microsoft Word document. :)
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i have only written one article for a national magazine. I am working on book / art craft type.. but am stuck :(

you can see my work at: www.kadstudio.com
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of an author. I wrote a play that was performed all over the US when I was younger and I am working on my first novel. Mostly, though, I'm a poet, which is pretty lame. Anyway, feel free to add me if you like.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Family apocrypha says that I wrote my first story at age four, although no copies of that work survived to present day. I have one published novel, and am working on a sequel.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I write inspirational-motivational but mostly poems. I wrote and published my first book (autobiography) a few years ago. I went through Publish America, just because I didn't really want any royalties. I just wanted it published as an accomplishment. I think about writing another but it was so time consuming and I spent alot of lonely nights typing away. But it's one of my greatest accomplisments other than my beautiful children.

My book and me on the cover--> http://www.amazon.com/Im-No-Supermodel-Shanae-Draper/dp/1615469982
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    I don't know if I would say i'm a author. I actually write blogs and articles for my companies website.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I really wanted to when I was in 14-16 but I never got very far.. =/ I've thought about getting back into it though. =)
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    Not attempted to publish anything, but I write all the time and have won some awards :)
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I blog... and want to eventually write some short stories and creative non-fiction
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I do nanowrimo each year (and i'm doing camp nanowrimo in august!) if that counts? (:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'm working to set up my own web site for my books. I have yet to find any place that will publish for free (free meaning not charge me $700 for their special software *coughAmazoncough*).
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have finished three novels and plan on seeking out representation when my current one is fully edited and revised :)