Evening binge eating support!!

Options

Replies

• julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Evenings after my kiddo is in bed are sooo hard. I look forward to my quiet time all day, but don't know what to do with myself when it comes, so I eat. Ugh!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I just had a very filling smoothie and I am craving the biggest plate of chips and cheese ever!!!! So yes, I know how you're feeling. This happens every night :/
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think I have read every thread out there tonight! haha I just bought the skinny cow clusters today. They are delish, but I know it is to late to eat them. So I will just have to wait until tomorrow :).

Does anyone know how accurate the calorie count for exercises listed on mfp are? I feel like the calories burned during my elliptical workout are really high. I don't know if I trust it.

Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't use the calorie count for the calories burned with MFP, I know there are some web sites out there that can help you better calculate based on age, weight, etc. I purchased an HRM to get the accurate amount recorded and it works great!

Oh, and I struggle with evening binging thoughts almost every night it seems, I always have, trying to have healthy snack options available in case the urge to munch is too strong.:ohwell:
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time, when I'm good I make myself a low calorie hot chocolate that usually helps, if I'm a little naughty I'll have a couple of Teddy Bear Bickies with it, but when I'm really bad I have to have the chocolate teddy bear bickies and then I'm in trouble!!!
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    if im craving sweet, ill pour myself a glass of silk soy milk (chocolate almond is my favorite) the perfect guiltless craving quencher =]

also, try to avoid watching the food network, top chef, (any cooking show), that gets me EVERYTIME..
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just had one! Oreos! Ice cream! Meat loaf! I feel so bad! It's just horrible!

:sad:

@Imiedema - Don't feel bad - get determined. It happened and you can't change that, but you can control what you do tomorrow. Mine was pizza, chips, and chocolate cake. I've been craving for awhile and now that I have it out of the way I can focus on the next 10 lbs.

24101214.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No, but bingeing is a problem with me. You have given me a great idea. I go through those urges for sugar too and it is real! I am going to try and remember this. I'll let you know if it helped me:)
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had that moment last night and istead of fighting it too much I went in the kiction got a half cup measuring spoon filled it with cookie dough ice cream leveled it off like I do flour and eat right out of the meauring cup. Logged it and moved on. It really helped tho. that wawy i knew when i was done and didnt binge on eating right out of the ice cream container
  • sdcohen85
    sdcohen85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Motivation ladies!! Keep the stories coming. Although I gave in and just had a Skinny Cow. But that is okay!
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    I've also heard if you are having a sugar craving, to get a tablespoon of peanut butter, and that really helps!!
  • alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think I have read every thread out there tonight! haha I just bought the skinny cow clusters today. They are delish, but I know it is to late to eat them. So I will just have to wait until tomorrow :).

Does anyone know how accurate the calorie count for exercises listed on mfp are? I feel like the calories burned during my elliptical workout are really high. I don't know if I trust it.

Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't use the calorie count for the calories burned with MFP, I know there are some web sites out there that can help you better calculate based on age, weight, etc. I purchased an HRM to get the accurate amount recorded and it works great!

Oh, and I struggle with evening binging thoughts almost every night it seems, I always have, trying to have healthy snack options available in case the urge to munch is too strong.:ohwell:

thank you i will look those sites up!
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Your brain mostly runs on sugar. So your brain might be craving sugar and carbs because you're eating at a defecit and it's late and you're tired. Sometimes the solution is to just go to bed. You might find you're more tired than you think.

You're brain is largely made of fat and cholesterol. If you're foggy and dragging and craving a quick fix of caffeine or sugar a healthy fat like avocado can sometimes turn things around.

Many chocolate cravings are about the brain craving serotonin. It may cut the craving to let yourself have a little piece of dark chocolate that is too bitter for you to be able to binge on. Also most serotonin is in the gut and produced by bacteria. Pickled and fermented foods can add healthy bacteria to your gut and boost your serotonin levels.

If you're diet is too austere this may be a cue to loosen up a little and tweak things so you don't feel so deprived or your body is being fueled a little differently. It's up to you whether that means a cheat day or running a smaller deficit or adding a little more fat or carbs, etc.

Sometimes I just give in and it's OK. I end up being stronger the next day and get right back on the horse. Other times if I can I just start shoving raw veggies in my mouth until I am so engorged with low-cal food that some of the motivation for the sweet junk is lost.
  • alucido
    Options
    I do the PB trick and it gets rid of those cravings.

I read on another yesterday and had to try it out

1 cup of PB
    4 cups of Greek yogurt
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg

Mix it all together.

It less calories then just PB alone and fills you up the same.

I never tried Greek yogurt before..and now that i did I’m not a big fan of it. If I was to make this again I would try a regular yogurt. The Greek one just seemed to sour cream-ish for me. But it's not too bad with the PB, a lower calorie night time indulgence.
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    a cup of peanut putter and 4 cups of greek yogurt?? that is alot!! do you mean tablespoons??
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It might seem silly but this little recipe right here has kept me from binging..

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2010/12/14/single-lady-cookies/

I make a different kind of cookie every day.. today I added some cinnamon and nutmeg, yesterday I added cocoa powder, day before that I used mint chocolate chip chunks.. the creativity and physical act of measuring everything out and preparing one cookie from scratch satisfies the craving.. rather than going out and buying a box of Oreos and mindlessly munching away which I've been known to do.. and then feel horrible about myself after. I have a serious sweet tooth and I'm a boredom eater. I can eat an entire box of cereal in one sitting without even realizing what the hell I'm doing..it's awful.
  • alucido
    Options
    haha sorry...it makes more than one serving...

Yess that would be a lot!
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I call mine the mind mid munch man! LOL It is very hard. you can have a very good day the ruin everything at night. I purchased the special k crisps. sweet and only 100 calories and only 20 carbs.
  • sdcohen85
    Options
    That looks really great, the cookie idea!!

and the peanut butter sounds delicious too!!

I am trying not to eat anything more now that I had my skinny cow...LoL!
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do not put much stock in the accuracy of the calorie burn for exercise. My trainer told me to keep my calorie goal regardless of what mfp shows. You could invest in the monitors that show calories burned. they run about $100++++
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    i brought some doughnuts home from work because I was craving them (even though i pretty much despise them)...I was going to come downstairs and eat one but...I did M100's and drank some water, and the craving is gone!
    It;s just getting the motivation to start the workout and not just eat. >_<