Biggest change in your kitchen since starting MFP?

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    New tile floors! Haha...seriously, there are new tile floors...but the bigger change would be that I actually USE all of the produce we buy as opposed to before when I had the best intentions but would give in to time pressure and go out to eat thus throwing away all of the produce that went bad.
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A Food Scale sitting on the counter.

This!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A bowl of fruit always on the island.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Measuring cups. Always in the sink or in use :laugh: . Also, the use of a scale, I weigh everything now.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Measuring servings
    Counting chips
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just LOTS more STUFF! Measuring devices of all shapes and sizes, large containers of almonds & protein powder, bags of chia seeds....not to mention the blender, scale, spatulas....and every piece of extra stuff is worth it's weight in gold.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    The pantry is more empty and the produce bin in the fridge more full.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Food scale / measuring cups & spoons / smaller beautiful plate / protein / fat picture & insanity workout schedule on the fridge.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    my kitchen is more colorful... with alot of different veggies and salads. I have a TON of salad dressings, not just Ranch and Thousand Island (in fact, I dont have any thousand island LOL) I thought I needed a bread box, but I don't, I don't eat bread (no flaming please) So instead of a white based kitchen (processed foods) my kitchen now has color!

we use the kitchen

Oh! and we put a cable outlet in there so we can watch the game (whatever is on)
  • joseyjo78
    joseyjo78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No wine! I cut that out when I started six weeks ago and haven't looked back.
  • MerBear1FL
    MerBear1FL Posts: 32
    Options
    No Fried foods or Hamburgers to go with them!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Person scale on the floor,
    food scale on the counter
    Measuring EVERYTHING

Not a lot of fried food
    Not a lot of junk, cookies, cakes.

Crystal Light everywhere, Water bottles everywhere, granola bars everywhere....
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    healthier oils (hemp and vegetable) we were using generic crisco every day!
    kitchen scale//measuring cups
    healthier food choices
    confidence!!!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i treated myself to a new digital scale, other than that, the biggest change in the kitchen is the grocery bill! 4 of us eating healthier has gotten expensive!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    An almost nonexistent amount of junk food. We always had/have healthy food. But now it's not buried under boxes of SUGARSUGARSUGAR.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Biggest change has to be the absence of soda. There was always a few of them in the pantry. Now I have half a shelf of extra space!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale and a second set of measuring spoons/cups. I use most of my utensils now. I've always been a kitchen gadget junkie, but I just let them sit. Now they are all used. The blender/food processor that sat on a shelf for years literally is being used every morning (for green smoothies) and every evening (for slicing/dicing fresh veggies). I used my slow cooker for a week in a row, preplanning dinner and cooking it the night before. I use a lot more tupperware now too because I limit myself to eating out only once per week for lunch (if that) and weekends.

I can't keep almond milk, yogurt, spinach or peanut butter. We use them up very quickly.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My mom got me a nice set of Betty Crocker measuring spoons and cups in different sizes since I love to bake. I now use them for everything, ESPECIALLY coffee creamer and ingredients for smoothies. I also bought myself a food scale a couple of months ago. Last but not least, TONS of spices in the pantry, since we've been making homemade soups and stews like crazy lately.:smile:
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    More grapes (yum!), baby carrots, lentils, black beans, almonds, spinach.

And there is a food scale on the counter that wasn't there before. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    More proteins(lots of fish)good carbs, good fats like nuts & olive oil.:drinker: :drinker: Oh and always bottled water now!