A bit of a rant.

Options
Miribg
Miribg Posts: 149 Member
I recently put my profile picture of my weight loss on Facebook. I am very proud of how far I have come along and got nothing but encouraging words from all of my friends. My best friend's sister in law saw me a couple of days ago (she is pretty big herself). She told me how skinny I was and that she hated me (kidding of course, or so I thought she was) and that she thought that the picture I put up on Facebook was photoshopped. I told her "My God if I could photoshop" and left. I went back to my friend's house, she was still there. Before I knocked I heard her sister in law say that I hadn't even lost that much weight, that I wasn't even that pretty, that my before picture was so embarassing and that it was awfully tacky that I put a before and after picture up when I wasn't even done loosing weight. My friend told her "well she has lost 45 pounds and I think she looks good":smokin: I left. Of course it made me mad but I am a lady and will not stoop down for anyone. I am not one to care what people think (much) but what is her problem? Why do SOME women have to be so catty with each other? This is my life right? Let me be. It's my friend's birthday monday and I know she will be there. She is a hypocrite and will act like we are the bestest friends in the world. :noway: Do I tell her something? Just leave it alone? What would you do?

Replies

• amayberry7
    amayberry7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haters are gonna hate...just let it roll off your back like water off a ducks back! You look great and never mind what she thinks!!
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    insecure people are the first to criticize. its amazing the accomplishment you have achieved and you shouldnt let her break your spirit.

dont confront her, but keep flaunting those skinny pics. at the end of the day, you are losing weight and she is losing your respect.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    J E A L O U S............. to the core!!!!!!! peeps that are Jealous and insecure .. get off on talking down about other peeps... you lost nearly 50 POUNDS thats a LOT... and of course you look way diff.. photo-shopped what an idiot?!!?!? lol...
    i vote you say nothing at all.. and show up looking cute and be happy.. dont even give her the satisfaction that it hurt or shocked or anything to you... you know that old saying.. "kill em with kindness"?? i'd se this here.. cuz really theres NOTHING to defend..
    your 45lbs less and thats a fact!!
    and she is def a hater.. and insecure one at that...
    you rock!!:drinker:
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    First of all, she is blind if she thinks you haven't lost that much weight - there is a huge difference in your before and afters. You are looking great!

That said, screw her. Some people can't handle other people being successful at things like weight loss when they are insecure about themselves. It doesn't sound like you can avoid her, but to the best of your ability, just IGNORE her. Don't let her get you down. You are kicking *kitten*, you don't need her approval or her feedback.
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ME, well I would doll it all up and go right in there strutting my stuff and let her just see how flipping good looking and how much my weight loss has changed my outlook on life. AND I wouldn't let the sugar melt in my mouth... JUST SAYING
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I wouldn't feed the bad energy. Be above it. :smile:
  • diana4583
    diana4583 Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow i just say ignore her...You look awesome and putting up a before and after picture just shows what you accomplished so just remember what your friend said and dont worry about the in law who wants to be negative

By the way you can add me if you want im just starting and would like more supporters if your intnerested
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    jealousy... it does a lot to a person.

She is taking it out on you because you have done what she wants to do but isn't brave enough.

ETA: You look fabulous by the way.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Let it go. It is your best friend's birthday. Your best friend cannot choose her family, let her act...and out of respect for your best friend act with her. I love my best friend to death, and detest her sister in law. We put on a pretty good show of getting along though, because it is what my BFF deserves. Your friend defended you, focus on that and celebrate her birthday! Don't let a jealous person ruin your best friend's birthday or prevent you from enjoying the party! :flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Uuuuhhhh, seriously? You look Damn good!!!!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    insecure people are the first to criticize. its amazing the accomplishment you have achieved and you shouldnt let her break your spirit.

dont confront her, but keep flaunting those skinny pics. at the end of the day, you are losing weight and she is losing your respect.

This. She is so jealous, she can't think straight. Feel sorry for her for exactly one second and then keep kicking *kitten*!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You're better off just living well, and being successful. She's obviously an insecure person and is trying to put you down.

Also, the fact that your friend stood up for you in saying she thought you looked good when you weren't around means she's a great friend; keep her. :)
  • aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    I'd leave it alone...she was spewing jealousy. No biggie, have fun at the party, be a nice person, and realize she is also a good person dealing with the same demon you used to (are still) dealing with...weight. Unfortunately, it brings out the good and bad. You're experiencing the good now...she's probably still experiencing the bad. At the end of the day feel love, and love you.

ETA: you have a great friend
  • jerseyjenn856
    Options
    You know you look good and so does she. She's just knocking you to make herself feel better. Take the high road and leave the trash in the gutter where it belongs.

Remember Karma will always win in the end :flowerforyou:
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    ^^^All of this!!!^^^ She is JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS Be above her and go have a wonderful time. She isn't worth the energy you would have to waste to confront her.
    You look amazing. Well done!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ME, well I would doll it all up and go right in there strutting my stuff and let her just see how flipping good looking and how much my weight loss has changed my outlook on life. AND I wouldn't let the sugar melt in my mouth... JUST SAYING
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just leave it alone. Your relationship is with your best friend, not your best friend's SIL. If you feel the need to say or do anything, try this: Look her up and down with your eyes only, quickly; but not so fast that she doesn't know you're doing it. Then smile and say, "You look great!" ands move on. Even if you mean it, she will think you're lying and becoming self conscious. I know, I know: very petty; but sometimes it's the little things...
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Just sounds like she's insecure. You look AWESOME congratulations!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Well, when she tries to talk to you could, say "Sorry, I can't talk to you right now. I haven't reached my weight loss goal, so I have to focus on that and not jealous haters". Or you could say just hello but then not waste anymore breath on her. Seriously, I would have guessed you weight loss to be higher (not that your actual progress isn't impressive -- because it is), but you truly do look different and transformed, so that girl is clearly a lunatic.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Hey, jealousy! Rise above it and pretend it never happened. Secretly enjoy the knowledge that she's sooooo envious of you. Just your calm, happy, self-confident presence will be punishment enough for her nastiness. Bahahahaha! Enjoy the day! :devil: