Advice on Workout Scheduling?

Options
Alright, so as of right now I do two workouts a day on average. I do the 30 Day Shred in the mornings, and then I do a power walk/partial jog (increasing the jogging portion, decreasing walking as I go along) in the evenings that takes around 40-45 minutes.

Today my aunt brought over her Wii with the Zumba game for me to try out because I told her that I wanted to try it but I can't afford a class nor the gas to get to a class (I live 20 miles out of "town").

Now I'm not sure how I should juggle the three workouts. I know I want to do my walk/jog every day because I do it with my mom and we really enjoy it. So I thought about alternating Zumba and the 30 Day Shred every other day, but then I'm concerned that I may not be getting the full benefits of the 30 Day Shred if I'm not doing it every day (minus rest days)? I also feel like 3 workouts a day would be overkill as I already struggle to eat back all my calories from exercise as it is.

So, I was wondering what other people suggested I do. Should I alternate Zumba and 30 Day Shred, and do you think I would still get the full benefits/results of the 30DS? Should I just do Zumba every couple days instead of the 30DS? Only on rest days? I was just curious what other people would do if it were them.

Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Mix and match it however you want. Make your workouts fit your life, not the other way around. I know people that mix and match Insanity and P90x on alternate days. I'll do an Insanity workout every blue moon just to mix it up and on other days I'll do a metabolic workout. IMO, those workouts that you're doing are highly interchangeable. Do it how you feel it.
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is good advice! I think I will try out the Zumba and then based off of how I feel about it I will have a better idea of how I want to mix things up.

Thanks again!