One of the most defeting things...

Options
Is when every time my mom looks at me, she says I look I'm gaining weight. Or asks me if I'm pregnant. :/

It doesn't help that she only weighs 110 pounds.

I'm 218...

It's a horrible feeling..

Replies

• majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry she's saying those things to you, truly. It sounds as if she's not a very happy person, to be honest. Hang around here, and we'll keep you motivated instead of defeated. {{hugs}}
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That sucks! Use it a fuel and take it to the gym! That always makes me feel better when someone says or does something negative. :happy:
  • michellesisreed
    michellesisreed Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wowzers speachless that your mom would say that.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    And that is why you are on here with all of us...we understand what you are going through!!! Add me girl and we can support each other on our new journey!
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    She isn't happy..

She has herniated 4 discs in her back. Had back surgery and can't walk very well...

So she takes it out on me.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your mom says things like that to you :( My stepmom is nothing but supportive and I'm so thankful for that. Channel her words into something positive for yourself.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you're having to go through that, but don't let her get you down, ask mentioned already- use it as fuel. Don't let her win, Do this for YOU. <3 good luck in your journey and you can also feel free to add me if u want to.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Is when every time my mom looks at me, she says I look I'm gaining weight. Or asks me if I'm pregnant. :/

I'm 218...

One day tell her that you are pregnant... then roll with it for the whole day... oh the fun...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but she sounds like a real jerk. I avoid people who bring me down - even if they're family. Would she talk like that to a stranger? A friend? She shouldn't talk that way to you, either. I would cut her off until she learns how to behave. :heart:
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    Could the prospect of you losing weight somehow be threatening to her ego in some sort of warped competitive way?
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, if humans could just realize that the words we say can cut so deep and can affect the way we live our lives for years to come.

That is so hard and I"m so sorry that she says that to you. It is good of you to see that she has her own problems and pains and is just taking that out on you and it may not be the real her. She shouldn't. But, she is. Just know that your worth does not come from your weight. Your beauty comes from the heart.

Keep loving her and being here and doing your best but don't let anyone throw your life off course.
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    Could the prospect of you losing weight somehow be threatening to her ego in some sort of warped competitive way?

That's very possible.
  • Azalael
    Azalael Posts: 5
    Options
    I completely know how you feel. It's discouraging having to deal with that. But you have everyone here, and it's not about meeting her expectations or pleasing her, it's about being happy with yourself :) In the long run, it'll all be worth it and in the end she'll take back those words. Stay strong!!!
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is something I would do. Haha.

I'm 218...

One day tell her that you are pregnant... then roll with it for the whole day... oh the fun...
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    **** that noise.

tell her she deserves the pain she's in for how cruel she is. (i don't actually believe that anyone deserves physical pain. but still. this made me angry.)
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's awful! My mom told me.when I was about 7 that I will NEVER be little or tiny, I think she.said this to take pressure off of me to try to be something I ssw in the magazines, but my whole life, I felt defeated. Don't let others determine your worth, you are in charge, take control and prove her wrong. I think moms say things sometimes with good intentions and it comes out very distorted because their words mean more to us than we'd ever let on.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're both pretty unhappy. Instead of lashing out at your mother or lying about a pregnancy, can you ask her to sit down and chat, maybe with an intermediary there to help smooth things along? If you find you're not able to really talk about your feelings, why not write your mother a letter outlining how she makes you feel, the steps you're taking toward a healthier lifestyle, and the emotional support you need from her to help you get there.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What a *****. Sorry, but you're mom should be showing you how to respect your body and helping your with your self-worth, not tearing you down. I'm mad for you.

What if she'd ended up pushing you into an eating disorder?
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Pain does really affect your moods. Chronic pain can be very depressing and make you very angry. However that is no excuse for being cruel, especially to your children. Don't take it to heart, easier said than done I know, but keep up the hard work. You want to do this for you, not for her.
    Good luck!
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you explained to her how her comments make you feel?
    Perhaps you could calmly ask her if she could be more supportive and try not to be negative towards you?
    Some people like to put others down for various reasons, usually low self esteem, being unhappy within themselves, that sort of thing.
    She needs to look at what going on within herself, instead of taking it out on you.
    Do you live with her, or do you have your own place?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!