Vegetable extremist puts a gun to your head and says...

Options

Replies

• blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    Raw-
    Avacado
    Tomato
    Carrot
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would take a carrot and stab the extremist in the eye; Die Hard 2 style.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Raw with nothing added? Grape tomatoes - any tomatoes! - would be my first pick, but they're technically a fruit, so... broccoli, baby carrots and cucumber.

The cukes will make me burp like mad, but I love them, and that's a small price to pay for putting a gun to my head.
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    Carrot
    kohlrabi

Was gonna put tomato and avocado, but they are fruits and you didn't say the vegetable extremist had any fruits did you? :tongue: I know, way to get technical.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Raw... I would have to say Kale, Broccoli, and Carrots.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    "I know you hate vegetables my friend. That's ok, and I can respect that. BUT I love you and *today* you are going to eat some. I have here every vegetable in the world--each of them raw and with nothing added. Pick from 3 to 5 of them NOW and eat them please, or I will have to lovingly blow your head off. Sorry, it's just tough love. You have 10 seconds to decide and start chomping--and no iceberg lettuce or your whole family gets it!! GO! 10.. 9.. 8.."

What three do you pick for "best bang (ha ha) for the buck" in terms of nutritional value in an otherwise meat and dairy rich diet?

Gosh, this guy is being awfully patient (he's counting VERY slowly as he lets me post this!!)

Thanks in advance!
    Blair

raw only?

carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, avocado

I can eat piles of broccoli, spinach, cauliflower but they gotta be steamed.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Just shoot me.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    avacado, asparagus and spinach
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For ya'll saying avocado, that's technically a fruit...just sayin', lol. I guess mushrooms ain't either. When you think about it there's a ton of 'veggies' we tend to classify as veggies that aren't veggies at all. Zucchini, squash, tomato, avocado, cucumber, mushrooms. None of these are vegetables and mushrooms aren't even plants. : 3

For me I'd say broccoli, onions and...hm, carrots? I don't know, I don't like raw vegetables! I like them, but only cooked, I'd never eat a raw piece of broccoli and actually enjoy it, lol.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would take a carrot and stab the extremist in the eye; Die Hard 2 style.

MY HEROOOOOO!!! :love:
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1. Tomatoes (any kind)
    2. Cucumbers
    3. Broccoli

pretty much love ALL veggies so my list could go on and on.

Also, pretty sure OP didn't mean harm with his choice of words, I, myself, didn't hear about Colorado until I got in to work this morning. May the families and friends of all the victims find peace...my prayers are with them all...
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Spinach and tomatoes are a staple in my diet, if I had to pick a 3rd because I have a gun to my head I guess I could go for the carrot.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Beets (yes, I like them raw), red bell peppers, and cucumbers.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    spinach, peppers, cukes and avocado, not in that order.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Beets (yes, I like them raw), red bell peppers, and cucumbers.

raw beets are great grated onto a salad!
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to pick only 3, I guess I will have to go with 3 of the ones I couldn't give up if I tried.

Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Broccoli
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Supreme pizza all the way! It has green peppers, spinach, tomato(sauce), black olives, mushrooms....I think that's enough vegetables for me. :-p

P.S. Avocado is the ish, and beets are for muggles.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You're just going to have to kill me.
  • daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Raw - carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.