One Month No Scale CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am IN , I would carry the scales around with me if i could , When the bathroom scale says one weight i guarantee if i take it into another room ill have lost :laugh:

starting weight 157lb
    goal weight by weigh in 143
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! I'll have my husband hide the scale somewhere that I won't find it when he gets home.

Starting weight: 151 lbs
    Goal weight: 144-146 lbs
  • elizabeth1222
    Options
    CW: 166
    GW: 145:drinker:
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going to try. I usually weigh myself twice a week. I work at a Dr's Office so there are scales everywhere! It will definitely be a lesson in discipline.

Current weight :225
    Goal for 8/19: 219
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am up for this Challenge. I am all in:

CW- 142.2lbs

8/19/2012- GW 135lbs
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It will drive me nuts... but Im in!
    CW 150
    GW 135
  • minnie212
    minnie212 Posts: 4
    Options
    Like this idea, weighing in is great if you've lost but I find I get really down if I haven't so no more scales until then!! :wink:
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OK, just saw this so I will start tomorrow morning. This is going to be VERY hard for me. My usual morning routiine is potty, brush, weigh.........

But it is becoming an obsession........ My husband will thank who ever thought this one up!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! I do rely on that silly scale too much for my own self esteem, even though I know I'm doing/feeling/looking better!

I, too, will need to take the batteries out or I shall be tempted, LOL
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!

I had my normal weekly weigh in this morning, so it's a perfect time to start. I'm becoming obsessive with weighing every morning and it really affects my mood/motivation even just 0.5kg! Im going away on 16th August so might have to finish then....if that's ok?

CW: 169lb
    GW (aug 16th): 160lb

Going to stuff the scales in the back of a cupboard somewhere as soon as i get home!
  • carloubrew
    carloubrew Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went for a consultation at The Diet Center here in my hometown and was so astonished at the results.

Body Fat %= 37%

Water Weight= 95lbs

BMI= results severly obese

Should I go on. This seems like a real jolt to my self esteem.

I have lost 8 lbs since joining in June. They actually wanted me to pay $600 to join and $59 each week for their supplements. That is not going to happen. I can continue with MFP for free.

I will not weigh myself again until August 19. Hopefully there will be at least a 5 lb difference in my favor.

Let me know how it goes for you.

:embarassed:
  • perestroika1
    perestroika1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in (reluctantly-but i need someone to push me a little.)
    Goal is to lose 7 lbs in 1 month. :) Shoot for the gutter and when you reach the stars you'll be even happier!!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. I'm getting hooked on numbers, and when I crept up a couple pounds in the last couple weeks (which I know isn't real weight because I strictly follow my eating plan and I workout at least 6 times a week), I've been starting to stress. I need to focus on the improvement I see everyday rather than the number on the scale!

SW: 150.8
    CW: 132.8
    GW: 125
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in... like the pictures idea too...

CW: 163.2
    GW: who knows :)
    current BF: 25.8%

see you all on the 19th!
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Gave my scale to a friend at work to keep on July 2nd.
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 1 has been successful...I did not step on the scale this morning when I woke up and it made me feel awesome, like the scale didn't have control over me!!!

I could definitely keep this up til August 19th!!

Starting Weight: 194 pounds
    Goal for 08/19/2012: 185 pounds
  • RobertaJauregui
    RobertaJauregui Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in. I've been obsessing too much about the number on the scale and when I gain (even if it's only half a pound), I get so devastated. It's discouraging. So I had decided after last week's weigh-in, I'm not going to weigh myself for a month and see what a difference it will be. :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Okay...I will make this my very first challenge on MFP...I'll have my son keep the scale in his room so I'm not too tempted to peek.

SW: 190.4
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    So wanted to weight myself when I got up this morning, lol that's gonna be a hard habit to break :P
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    S***... I don't want to, which tells me... I need to...

I'm in...

SW 250 as of this morning.

Lol ^^ That sounds like me.

I'm in!

SW: 176

Goal Weight: 169

It will feel good to see that 6 on the scale again!