Ughh, sometimes I wish we didnt have freedom of speech..

Options
coraliethomas
coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
http://www.komu.com/news/facebook-events-encourage-a-counter-protest-to-westboro-church/?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

So idiots like that ^^^^ could be lined up against a wall and shot. Columbia is only 20 miles from my house, I will be there on saturday to be part of the human wall that shields Spc. Sterling Wyatt's family from these blood suckers!

Here is the flyer they have been handing out all the last 2 days...

*** STAFF EDIT *** This post has been edited and locked in regards to guideline #15 and #16
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• coraliethomas
    Options
    Anyway, thats my rant...
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please don't get me on a religious rant.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Yeah, I hear ya... I really ought to calm down... but these toads needs stopped!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm an Independent Baptist and the WBC makes me sick. My church is very supportive of the military and we in no way condone anything the WBC does. That group doesn't speak for anyone but themselves and God will judge them in the end.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Well, if anyone lives in Columbia, MO, and you have the time... please come down and join our human wall to block these horrible people off from Spc. Wyatt's family.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable ... I grew up Protestant (no denomination) and will NEVER condone any kind of hate!!! I will stop now before I start ranting :mad:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Please do not lump all religious people together. I'm Catholic, and I find these people's actions deplorable. They do not speak for all of us. It is horrible that they spread hate in the name of God.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Please do not lump all religious people together. I'm Catholic, and I find these people's actions deplorable. They do not speak for all of us. It is horrible that they spread hate in the name of God.

This.....this this and this.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'll be part of the human wall, too. They expect over 6,000 people shielding the family from ignorance during their time of grief.

Sadly, sometimes it takes a little hate to remind everyone else to be nice.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    These people are disgusting...they cause grief everywhere they go. Luckily there's always plenty willing to be the human sheilds against those jerks!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    gotta love how people think that freedom of speech is the be all and end all in the states, we have free speech here in the UK, but HATE SPEECH is illegal, and that is the way it should be, I can just about say anything I want, about the government, the Queen, the law, you name it, but I can't spout vile racist, homophobic or racist drivel and I can't do stuff like the above abomination, you should not be proud of FREE speech if it means that sort of ****....wow...

People should be ASHAMED of this stuff...
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Religious or not these people are on a whole different level. I am a Christian and what these WBC people are doing is despicable and absolutely NOT what we are called to be. My heart goes out to the family of this soldier and thanks to you for standing up to these awful people!
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Yeah, its deplorable that they are abusing the rights that kids like Spc. Wyatt and many other soldiers died protecting. I have some friends who wont be part of the human wall, because they cant be entirely sure that they can keep their tempers in check... might just punch Fred Phelps in the mouth!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Yeah, its deplorable that they are abusing the rights that kids like Spc. Wyatt and many other soldiers died protecting. I have some friends who wont be part of the human wall, because they cant be entirely sure that they can keep their tempers in check... might just punch Fred Phelps in the mouth!
    It seems that motorcycle clubs (Patriot Riders) have a great interest in providing this 'human wall' for military funerals. Its probably safe to assume the funeral in your area will see a large turnout of bikers as well (many clubs will travel from other states to follow and silently protest this Westboro group).
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i would never wish for freedom of speech to be taken away. yeah, we hear things we don't want to hear but it's worth it.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    I just wish someone would take the binding from my hands! I can assure them I could end their insane practices! I am a firm believer in Karma and somthing tells me they will get theirs!!!! :explode:
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that those WBC pricks are still alive to do what they do. Sooner or later, someone's going to snap and take a few of them out.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I'm surprised that those WBC pricks are still alive to do what they do. Sooner or later, someone's going to snap and take a few of them out.
    I've been saying that for a while too. If that were to happen, a little (evil) part of me would find it almost satisfying if people were to go and cheer at their funeral so their friends and families can feel the impact of what they did to the families of fallen soldiers!!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i would never wish for freedom of speech to be taken away. yeah, we hear things we don't want to hear but it's worth it.

word
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options

YES! ^^
This discussion has been closed.