Elliptical question..

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
Does anyone lose feeling in their toes or do your toes start to get tingly after using the elliptical for a period of time? Since I have started working out again and dieting I have only used the elliptical twice and both times my toes start to feel like they are going to sleep and get tingly but if i start to wiggle them they feel fine.

Replies

• phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I do after about 30 to 40 minutes. I move my feet around a bit and that seemes to help.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That happens to me after about 30 minutes. It's kind of annoying, but if I wiggle my feet it usually helps.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yup. I fail to see how an elliptical is better than a treadmill anyway. Seems like it does half the work for you.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Yup! Though, I've noticed the more weight I lose, the less this happens. It's a circulation thing, but as long as your feet aren't turning blue and falling off, you're fine :)
  • ChrisJ2626
    ChrisJ2626 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else it seems, the toes in my left foot go numb between 20-30 min. I move my feet around, and sometimes lift my feet off and step on the pedals a bit (but be careful!) and the elliptical, because it is non-impact, is a better choice than a treadmill if you have knee or ankle issues. I definitely wouldn't say it does most the work for you, especially if you don't hold onto the rails, and go backwards sometimes. You will see your heart-rate soar.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Happens to me as well. I'll shift my weight a little more to my heels for a minute or so, wiggle my toes, or just move my feet slightly and that helps. Also, keep the laces of your shoes looser around your toes, only tight enough at your ankles to keep your shoes on.
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Options
    Glad someone asked this, I thought I was doing it wrong! My feet go tingly after about 15 minutes.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee the results I see from using the elliptical - yes, my feet/toes do the same thing after about 30-40 min. I normally tilt my heels up for a moment or so to help. I have done an hour on the elliptical, but I prefer no more than 45 min.
  • DebbieSilveira
    Options
    This may sound really odd, but I have been doing the elliptical in my most comfy squishy flip flops, and I no longer have the toe numbness problem.