Insanity Workout

Options
2»

Replies

• rumpusparable
    Options
    Just finished Plyometrics Cardio Circuit as my day 1 today. Phwoo!

As with the Fit Test I had to modify a few things like the jumps so as not to hurt my feet (had 3 surgeries on them and they've never been the same) but I kept going and got a great workout. My HRM says I burned about 630 calories.
  • Unxpect
    Unxpect Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im on week 7 of Insanity & the advice I can give you is to go at your own pace & don't be afraid to take breaks if you have to. I still can't make it through a whole session without taking a few breaks in between. Personally I feel like "Who cares, at least im up doing it" and your going to see results regardless so just give it your best & have fun! Also like someone else said, replace certain exercises with something you can do. You just want to keep your heart rate up so don't just stand there if your going to skip an exercise. Good luck! Your going to love the results and feel great!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Starting week 7 here and going into addiction mode lol… My tip would be: try not to skip any day, and do it in combination with a good diet! (eat enough!)
  • cclittle
    cclittle Posts: 8
    Options
    I did day 1 of Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit......what do I do next? I don't have any instructions or the insanity calendar. Can someone advise me?
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    My best advice would be don't try to keep up with the people in the video. In order to keep proper form, I will look to see what the exercise is, and then I don't look back at the tv screen until Shaun T says it's time for a break or a different exercise. I find that if I look at the screen, I end up trying to keep pace with them and that's when I start losing good form. This is a very fast paced, high intensity workout, so proper form is very important to avoid injury. Good luck!

This is great advice. Sean T will even tell you that the workout will always be hard even if you are on round three. You are always going to be able to do more than before, hence still working hard. I am out of shape and can barely keep up. However, I still get a good workout, because I am working myself to MY limit.

You can do it. Make sure you drink water!
  • jaseym6
    jaseym6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG insanity is crazy..but the one thing i notice doing it that when i did a second round of the 60 days, it wasn't as hard as the first time.....don't get twisted, it was stil hard but i didn't have to stop as many times as the first round...just keep going...
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit......what do I do next? I don't have any instructions or the insanity calendar. Can someone advise me?

Here's the link to the free calendar

http://honestworkoutreviews.com/insanity-workout-schedule-pdf

I'm going on Day 2 today...Good luck!!!