Today is a struggle

Options
:cry: I really want to binge. Its a scary thing. I need support!

*Mariel

Replies

• Riodejaneiro2013
    Options
    write down on all the bad feelings you get after a binge.... im struggling too today!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with you a little today too. I ALMOST went to the vending machine..........but I remembered I had a fiber one bar in my snack sack........130 later and it's yummy........and I"m feeling proud for making a good choice........thus far............maybe you should run to the grocery and pick up some yummy healthy snacks.........or take a walk if you can.......that tends to keep me on the straight path..........
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I have a bad binge day the next day I feel AWEFUL!!! When I remember that feeling it helps me not to have another bad day.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    Try and remember that whatever you're feeling now that is making you want to binge won't be any different after you've eaten. In fact, it'll still be there, plus all the feelings you'll have from binging. Instead, try go for a walk or do a full on work out, that usually puts me off.
    Good luck!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Take a quick stroll to get out of the stressful situation.
    Pitch a hissy fit and cry, scream, yell, stomp your foot, and get all the toxic emotions out.
    Call someone that supports and loves you.
    Do something that makes you feel better than food. reading, sex, laughing, shopping, exercising
    Meditate
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i'm an emotional eater, so i get that urge a lot :( i try to keep low-cal snacks in the fridge for those moments. i had a handful of raspberries last night. sometimes i have a dill pickle. filling and low-cal.

sometimes i pace in circles (yeah, a little OCD, lol) or look myself in the eye in the mirror and say, "seriously? this is how you want to cope with this? you aren't really hungry." and then when i go to bed for the day, having resisted the urge, i tell myself how awesome i am for staying strong :)

it will pass! hang in there!
  • jsterling2002
    Options
    I agree, go for a walk or do something. Don't binge. It is not worth it. You can do this!!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Recognize that you're already awesome! You came here instead of going for food. Clearly you CAN do this. Take a deep breath, and like others said, find something you love to do and DO IT. Maybe even just call up and friend/family member and chat for a while. Can't really eat while you're on the phone, right? :wink:

All the best! :flowerforyou:
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    when I want to snack or eat something bad I look at a pic of myself now and then look at the before and after pics of people on here. Good luck and stay strong.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    Don't be afraid to go a little crazy. And I mean "crazy" crazy. Walk in circles, talk to yourself, assume and alter-ego for an hour or so. Pull out the item of clothing that you "want" to fit into, try them on. They don't fit? Good. Maybe that'll spur you to forego the binge. They do fit? Awesome! Maybe that'll spur you to forego the binge. You CAN do this.
  • maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with mscrumbyy! Our emotions and feelings aren't based on food.If you binge, you won't be any happier.
  • 68sylvia
    68sylvia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    strong you will be so proud of yourself. i know how you are feeling. i totally blew it yesterday and today im hating myself.:sad:
  • WineVine
    WineVine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take a quick stroll to get out of the stressful situation.
    Pitch a hissy fit and cry, scream, yell, stomp your foot, and get all the toxic emotions out.
    Call someone that supports and loves you.
    Do something that makes you feel better than food. reading, sex, laughing, shopping, exercising
    Meditate

^^ This^^
    I would add that you should increase your water and snack on greenery (salad, green smoothies) to your full calorie allowance today. You might be missing some of those micronutrients that are creating the cravings?
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you can go for a walk with an iPod... do it! Get some good music going, move around, try to think positive. For me music can make the world of difference. If I could get the darn "Call Me Maybe" song out of my head it would be even better! (I heard it 3 or 4 times yesterday) :)

I know some people say you can work off stress but I can't always do that but I can at least distract myself for a period of time by getting on the treadmill and watching a silly show on tv while I'm at it. Walking around my neighborhood with my iPod on. Taking a very long hot shower and letting the steam take over your head!

On your way home tonight, stop and pick up some flowers at the grocery store along with a healthy meal. Spoil yourself but with healthy uplifting things.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chew a piece of gum. It helps me most of the time.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    I over-ate yesterday and I feel like crap. I'm starting over today, but just remember that feeling of resignation and how terrible it makes you feel.

Trust me, it's not worth it.

You can do this, stay strong, chica!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    BINGE... THEN CRY.... Then get the heck over it! No one is responsible for you EXPECT FOR YOU!

How thoughtfully phrased... :noway:

Assuming that this poster intended to type 'except for you' he is right, of course, in that none of us can stop your feelings - BUT sometimes it does helps to ask what others do when they find themselves in a similar situation. Take on board some of the other suggestions, quite simply you need to do something to keep your mind and body busy until the feelings pass. Be that exercise, cross stitch, laundry, whatever...

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Exactly! :)
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I binged Wednesday after attending the funeral of a close friend. Ate everything but the kitchen sink. Logged it all-worked it all off on the eliptical. One hour and 10 minutes worth. Wound up under my calorie goal and showed no weight gain for it. The thing I learned from the experience is that if you play, make sure you pay. Hope your day gets better!
  • gg0106
    gg0106 Posts: 6
    Options
    I pretend I am wearing blinders and can't see or think about any of those foods that are not on my diet. I also make sure I have lots of celery, oranges, ect. that are on my diet plan, I can grab them to nibble on til I don't feel hungry. I use HCG and I find it helps those cravings...I don't get hungry like I did on the liquid protein diet.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    BINGE... THEN CRY.... Then get the heck over it! No one is responsible for you EXPECT FOR YOU!

Thats mean dude. Don't come to a post that says "Today is a struggle" and post something like this... Unreal.

Agreed! Heaven forbid YOU have a bad day and someone gives you crappy advice like this. If you can't be supportive, stay off a thread that asks for support.

My support is there... Its saying Binge... Realize that you messed up.... GET OVER IT.... Take responsibilty for yourself afterward and control YOURSELF.

Cold hard truth isnt always nice.

Still, you could have said it in a different way!