A bit of a rant.

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would confront her directly but gracefully. I'd let her know that I was very proud of my hard work and accomplishments, and if she can't appreciate and support me in that, that she's not being a friend. I'd tell her that if she's not contributing to my survival, she's detracting from it, and that I hope she understands that I only want positive, supportive people in my life, and that if she can't be that for me then she is more than welcome to exit my life.

I'm not recommending that's what you should do, but this would personally be MY first instict.

(edit: actually, I probably say something like "Dude-- not cool" and leave it at that, and only really bring it up if she continued to show suppressive tendencies toward me or if she acted notably fake around me the next time I saw her. Or I'd just delete her and have that be the end of it. )
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    She is just jealous of you. You look amazing.

I personally would say something, but that is just because I hate people thinking they can get away with talking about me.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's common for people who are insecure with themselves or have low self esteem to "lash" out at others. Makes them feel better I suppose.

It's easy to say ignore her but I'm sure it still hurt to hear. Whether or not you decide to say something about it will ultimately be up to you but the bottom line is that YOUR opinion and how you feel about yourself is the only one that should matter to you at the end of the day. Use her words to help motivate you to reach your goal and maintain it.

BTW...I think you're beautiful. She must be blind. And kudos to your friend for sticking up for you!! :)
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My two cents ...
    I wouldn't let it trouble you but I certainly wouldn't let her get away with it either.
    I would totally call her on it. Start by telling her that you overheard her negative comments and you're not appreciative of it.
    Keep it short and sweet. It may be hard to get the courage up to face her but I guarantee if you call her on her actions, she may think twice about flapping her gums the next time and she'll know you're strong enough to stand up to her and may even have a new found respect for you because of it!

Stay motivated and determined and keep posting your pictures. Let her see that she's not stopping you and ultimately, you'll have the last laugh!

Oh and WOOHOO to you !! Congratulations on your success thus far :flowerforyou:
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said: PURE JEALOUSY!!!! You look amazing and she only wishes she could look half as good! Great job on your loss thus far~ don't let ANYONE knock you down!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I would hand her my piece of cake and say something like "I love my body too much to eat this, but obviously don't care, so here, have mine." :drinker: :laugh:
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and a massive WELL DONE on your weight loss!
  • lillovelylady
    Options
    Seriously, she is just angry that she can't get up the motivation to lose weight. Be proud of yourself and don't mind what people like her say. Some bigger people are just unhappy with themselves- they expel that hate, its what they do. You go girl! Keep up the good work!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with the woman who said to be honest. That it's fine to say, "I don't feel like talking to you, I overheard what you said the other day and was pretty shocked by the spite and jealousy you seem to have towards me. I'm sure things will improve with time but that's why I'm don't want to talk to you." Or just avoid her totally.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an NSV to me
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I recently put my profile picture of my weight loss on Facebook. I am very proud of how far I have come along and got nothing but encouraging words from all of my friends. My best friend's sister in law saw me a couple of days ago (she is pretty big herself). She told me how skinny I was and that she hated me (kidding of course, or so I thought she was) and that she thought that the picture I put up on Facebook was photoshopped. I told her "My God if I could photoshop" and left. I went back to my friend's house, she was still there. Before I knocked I heard her sister in law say that I hadn't even lost that much weight, that I wasn't even that pretty, that my before picture was so embarassing and that it was awfully tacky that I put a before and after picture up when I wasn't even done loosing weight. My friend told her "well she has lost 45 pounds and I think she looks good":smokin: I left. Of course it made me mad but I am a lady and will not stoop down for anyone. I am not one to care what people think (much) but what is her problem? Why do SOME women have to be so catty with each other? This is my life right? Let me be. It's my friend's birthday monday and I know she will be there. She is a hypocrite and will act like we are the bestest friends in the world. :noway: Do I tell her something? Just leave it alone? What would you do?
    Hey don't worry about her. You are doing Fan-tas-tic. She needs to learn to be happy for other people. I'm proud of you, you are proud of you. Who is she that you would let her opinion bother you, or have any power over your life. She isn't worthy of that sort of power. I say just forget it. Some people are just idiots.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    J E A L O U S............. to the core!!!!!!! peeps that are Jealous and insecure .. get off on talking down about other peeps... you lost nearly 50 POUNDS thats a LOT... and of course you look way diff.. photo-shopped what an idiot?!!?!? lol...
    i vote you say nothing at all.. and show up looking cute and be happy.. dont even give her the satisfaction that it hurt or shocked or anything to you... you know that old saying.. "kill em with kindness"?? i'd se this here.. cuz really theres NOTHING to defend..
    your 45lbs less and thats a fact!!
    and she is def a hater.. and insecure one at that...
    you rock!!:drinker:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
  • MrsT0fu
    MrsT0fu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your friend's SIL is jealous of you. Your friend stuck up for you. Let your friend know that you heard her sticking up for you, and you appreciate it. Leave it at that. Be kind to your friend's SIL. Your friend will appreciate not having to get between the drama, especially on her special day.
    You are doing awesomely! Your success may one day inspire her to try herself rather than seethe with jealousy. Until then, you only win by not letting her negativity rub off on you. (Seriously. Nothing is more annoying to a ***** than being ignored! :tongue: )

This. I am glad that your friend really was a friend and defended you to her SIL. Don't waste your time getting into anything with the SIL, you are doing great- 45 lbs is a very big accomplishment.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    First I want to say 43lbs is a lot of weight. Congratulations and you look fabulous!!! Secondly I am glad you have tough skin, but that right there was nothing shy of pure jealously. She's mad that you're looking hot. And since I am one to let others know how I feel. I would simply tell her that you heard what she said about you. And that you have no place in your life to associate with people with such ignorance and to please not speak to you. This way regardless when you have to see that jealous witch she'll know better then to speak with you. And if you ever hear her have the nerve to speak about you again, walk in with your head held high and say "I forgive you for talking behind my back, if I were as catty and insecure as you, I would be jealous too".
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Jealously. People only point out in others what they don't like in themselves. I would just leave and if it becomes too much to bare, then I would definitely confront her.
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    She's jealous of your progress. 45 lbs off is an amazing loss even if you are not at your goal yet. Show yourself off and enjoy the compliments. You deserve it!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    She's insanely jealous.....:devil:
    So, just stay the course, and as you continue to make progress, make sure to gloat over this sub-human.
    And at some point when she asks for your advice, steer her toward the most insane crash diet on the market.
    Research whatever the biggest scam is.
    Tell her that's how you did it.
    And good luck with your continued success:drinker:

I just love Bobby :smooched:
    He's right
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    first off u look freaking awesome...secondly i would go to the party in my nicest outfit that shows off my new figure... i wouldnt say anything to her but just let her see how u have lost and how ppl will definetly be complimenting u if shes unsatisfied herself she should just take u as a role model and someone who canhelp her not hate on u ..trust me i have a couple ppl like that in my life and it sucks but i just stay quiet
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    leave it.. support your friend who loves you!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Are you sure we are not the same person!???! You look great! Do not get discouraged hun.

I get that too. :(