Favorite sandwich bread?

Options
otrlynn
otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
What is your favorite (preferably) commercially available sandwich bread that has 60 or less calories per slice? I'd like to avoid the "eating cardboard" taste...

Replies

• lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try lettuce wraps! or grilled portabello's and forget the bread all together
  • quelquechosemechant
    Options
    spinach wraps are SO GOOD!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    60 cals or less? I don't see how that could be good bread lol
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I always buy the 100 calorie sandwich thins. They make great buns for burgers too.
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SARA LEE® DELIGHTFUL 45 calories per slice.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    60 cals or less? I don't see how that could be good bread lol

Amen. Bread is nutritionally dense (if you're buying REAL bread.) Anything else is going to be processed to *kitten* and won't fill you up anyway. My advice is to buy whole grains, no high fructose corn syrup or added sugars (bread doesn't need sugar!) and cut your calories elsewhere. I LOVE Dave's Killer Bread. "The Good Seed" variety is my favorite.

- A baker's daughter.

*edit* check out the nutritional values here http://www.daveskillerbread.com/killer-bread/nutritional-comparison.html
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try lettuce wraps! or grilled portabello's and forget the bread all together

^ this ^ Nothing beats a lettuce wrap! Esp in the summer!
  • cuffs_r
    cuffs_r Posts: 41
    Options
    Definately Sara Lee
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Slimwiches
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mine is 60 a slice and I actually like it a lot. I shop at Aldi's it is so cheap there. I love white bread but this one is whole grain white bread. All the things a whole grain bread has with the taste of white bread! So glad they carry this!
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    Options
    Me too. I buy Nature's Own Whitewheat sandwich rounds - 100 calories/4g fiber per roll. I like to toast it and then some oven roasted turkey, lowfat 2% swiss cheese, hot banana peppers, and a little French's mustard! That's about 230 calories for the entire sandwich!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    sandwhich thins.. (100 cals per roll)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Another here on the Daves Killer Bread bandwagon! I love the 21 Whole Grains, but I haven't tried the other because I'm pretty happy with that one. I occasionally use it for sandwiches, which is good, but I have 1 slice most mornings with a touch of peanut better smeared on it.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Sara Lee multigrain 45 calories a slice, also like the sanwich thins.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Another here on the Daves Killer Bread bandwagon! I love the 21 Whole Grains, but I haven't tried the other because I'm pretty happy with that one. I occasionally use it for sandwiches, which is good, but I have 1 slice most mornings with a touch of peanut better smeared on it.

I bought it after sampling it at Costco (they have it for $6/2 loaves there! way cheaper than at the grocery store). It is SOOOO good with some peanut butter or honey. One slice for breakfast keeps me full for hours. also makes delicious turkey sandwiches.
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    Village Hearth Light 12grain. 40 cals per slice and I like all of the grains. yum
  • jsterling2002
    Options
    I love Aunt Millie's fit and fiber potato bread! 110 calories for 2 slices. So yummy.
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Natures own- 40 calories a slice and I like it more than the Sara Lee.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ezekial Sprouted Grain bread - only 80 calories per slice and super healthy!!! Tastes good too. They have a cinnamon raisen one as well along with low sodium and gluten free varieties!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I always buy the 100 calorie sandwich thins. They make great buns for burgers too.

^^ I'm with her. Love sandwich thins