When You see my Picture....

Options

Replies

• khopkins516
    khopkins516 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you automatically think, "Wow, she's chubby".
    I feel like that's all I can think of when i meet new people, is that they're thinking how I'm cute but I'm really chubby.

It's a paralyzing fear.

You automatically assume everyone you meet thinks your cute?

Not at all, but if they do think I'm cute, I assume they think right away, "But she's chubby".
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    no I don't . your are by no means chubby
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    Everyone is their own worst critic. I have the same problems. In my head I know I'm not fat or chubby, but when I look in the mirror or see myself in photos that's all I can think.

I think the better question here is why do you care if people think you're chubby? Try to be happy with yourself. Easier said than done obviously, but that's the only way I get through my day. It's one thing to be hard on yourself but if I walked around thinking everyone was judging me like I judge myself I'd go crazy.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Girls can work magic with picture and camera angles.. us guys always look bad in pictures.. end of story.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I feel like that's all I can think of when i meet new people, is that they're thinking how I'm cute but I'm really chubby.

It's a paralyzing fear.

Not at all, but if they do think I'm cute, I assume they think right away, "But she's chubby".

1. Some will think your chubby, some will think you are too skinny

2. Some with think you are cute and some will think your ugly.

Its just the way it is.
  • Dreamer058
    Dreamer058 Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow - I wish I looked that good!!
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    P.s. you have high cheekbones, which sometimes make a face look "chubby". My friend who's like 80 pounds has the same problem. I think we're all just used to airbrushed media images which "pinch" in models already thin faces.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I've turned a corner in forum posting...

In the old days I would have posted the "myspace cropping" picture in like 2 seconds of reading the OP.

Giving myself an attaboy for the restraint.

I had to be calm, take a breath, and remind myself that I'm new here.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    Girls can work magic with picture and camera angles.. us guys always look bad in pictures.. end of story.

That is such an unfair statement.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Urgh! I hate these "Look and me and tell me I'm beautiful" posts. I mean, seriously, it isn't like anyone is going to get on there and say 'hell ya! You are a lard-o!'

Please feel your confidence and be who you are without fishing for validation. I had a friend in school who was always the skinny one but would constantly say 'I'm so fat!' just so all of us would say she wasn't and that she was beautiful. It always irked me.

Be you and quit caring what other people think.

Thanks for your opinion, but if you hate these posts, no need to reply :)
    Haha!!!! Nice come back!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    no way! i think you are beautiful!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    can't tell from your pics....show us some more.LMAO.kidddin hun, you like very pretty!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    u don't look chubby at all
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't put so much stock into what others think and just be happy with yourself the way you are.

Just a thought.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You know, I was thinking to myself yesterday when I was running "I wonder what other people see", and I was so curious I almost asked a bunch of kids if they thought I was fat. Kids are painfully honest. I'm glad I decided against it.

You're a lovely girl. :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i know EXACTLY how you feel, it sucks :(

but you don't come off as the least bit chubby to me. you're very pretty.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    LOL no.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

It's a paralyzing fear.

1. Some will think your chubby, some will think you are too skinny

2. Some with think you are cute and some will think your ugly.

Its just the way it is.

I have to agree with this, you are going to be some peoples cup of tea and to others you won't, it's too objective and purely based on personal taste and opinion. So your main focus should be how you feel about yourself not how others feel about you. Confidence is sexy whether you are chubby or not.

Hell it's a day to day feeling too, I know some days I'm thinking man I look pretty good and others Man I am a friggin cow. No point in stressin
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Fishing trip here !!

You look great.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and have a great smile! No need for those thoughts. :smile: