Favorite sandwich bread?

Options

Replies

• EccentricCivils
    Options
    I get Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread - it's 50 cal/slice OR Pepperidge Farm Light Style Double Fiber Bread - it's 45 cal/slice. They both have good flavor, however I noticed (and it's unfortunate) the Pepperidge is a little better tasting, but it has High-fructose corn syrup...where as the Nature's Own doesn't.
    Hope that helps a little! Good luck!
  • tamilaue
    tamilaue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found Lavash wraps. They are also good for making pizzas! They are 0g fat and 70 cal for 1 large sheet. I found them at Fresh and Easy, but I'm sure a whole foods or organic market will have them. It is a vegan product, but very satisfying.
  • eclectic_d
    Options
    Dempster's Body Wise bread has only 100 cals and around 19g carbs per 2 slices - depending on the kind. They also have bagels, english muffins, flat bread, etc. I'm in Canada though so I'm not sure if it's available elsewhere.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Good question. I'm interested in responses.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I buy Aunt Millie's. There's whole grain light or potato light; both are only 35 calories per slice. I prefer the potato, but they're both really good. Better than Sara Lee's 45 calorie bread, IMO. Aunt Millie's also has sandwich thins, Slimwiches, that are only 90 calories each. I love them for burgers!
  • cait58
    cait58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful Wheat Bread W/ Honey

YUMMY!
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Foldit flat breads! The wheat ones have 90 calories, rosemary has 100. They're awesome!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    SARA LEE® DELIGHTFUL 45 calories per slice.

^agreed.

however I prefer Ezekiel Low-Sodium Organic Sprouted Grain Bread... it's 80 calories a slice but INCREDIBLY NUTRITIOUS. Not a single preservative in it.

❤MELISSA
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I eat Arnold's Sandwich Thins, they come in about 20 flavors. I eat the 100% Whole Wheat ones, 100 calories for both slices and it doesn't taste like cardboard!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite (preferably) commercially available sandwich bread that has 60 or less calories per slice? I'd like to avoid the "eating cardboard" taste...

I love the Nature's Own or Arnold Sandwich thins with flax seed. If you buy them as soon as they are put on the shelf, they are very soft, and they have tons of fiber. Plus, they are equivalent to only one slice of regular bread, but you still feel like you're eating a whole sandwich.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I always buy the 100 calorie sandwich thins. They make great buns for burgers too.

These ^^ are not my favorite but they are good. I don't think my favorite would have <= 60 calories per slice though. I like those big grainy slices. I rarely eat bread but my husband eats a lot of sandwiches and uses the sandwich thins. They don't toast well but they make a good sandwich.

I usually use Flat Out brand wraps when I'm having a sandwich. They are 90-100 calories per wrap and low net carbs. I like a wrap because I can get more greens on the sandwich.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    SARA LEE® DELIGHTFUL 45 calories per slice.

^THIS
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I buy Aunt Millie's. There's whole grain light or potato light; both are only 35 calories per slice. I prefer the potato, but they're both really good. Better than Sara Lee's 45 calorie bread, IMO. Aunt Millie's also has sandwich thins, Slimwiches, that are only 90 calories each. I love them for burgers!

Me too, but i prefer the 5 grain over the potato.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie sandwich thins which have no high fructose corn syrup.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat Arnold's Sandwich Thins, they come in about 20 flavors. I eat the 100% Whole Wheat ones, 100 calories for both slices and it doesn't taste like cardboard!
    ^^ This
    Love the one with Flaxseeds!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My fave is Nature's Own Light Wheat...2 slices for 80 cals, 20 carbs, 5 protein, and 1 sugar
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Try lettuce wraps! or grilled portabello's and forget the bread all together

i use bell peppers as bread as well! =)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Light Whole Grain bread. 35 calories/slice. It's not as thin as some of the other low cal breads I've tried, and most importantly, I like the taste!
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Vogel's Sesame and linseed or sainsbury's seeded - depends how thick and how much but both great taste and a little satisfies. Have open sandwiches so it keeps it down to one slice
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Berlin Natural Bakery whole grain spelt bread non-GMO verified.
    Food For Life brown rice tortilla.

You need to keep these in the freezer, they don't have any preservatives in them and they go bad within less than a week of defrosting. You can find them in the freezer section at the store.

-or-
    Romaine/swiss chard wraps.