What new foods or beverages have you discovered since starti

Options
2»

Replies

• melindadunston
    Options
    Special K protein snack bars, granola snack bars cinnamon pastries! YUM! These are great for a snack. I have discovered vegetables...lol I I not make pizza on tortillas also really good actually!

I had discovered taco bell before but I never knew regular hard tacos are only 170 and soft are only 200!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Almond milk. I like it much better than traditional cow's milk and it doesn't upset my stomach.
    Skinny Cow products...love them!
    Believe it or not...water...LOL I used to hate it, and now I can't seem to go anywhere w/o a bottle or two.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mango/peach, whey protein smoothies
    Spaghetti squash
    Soy milk

Just experimented for a quick lunch: 2 c leftover spaghetti squash, 1/4 c medium salsa, 1 poached egg (chopped) - mixed together and microwaved = yummy and filling (and under 200 calories)!
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot of experimenting to do, but I've discovered:

* bananas in the morning (filling for me!)
    * greek yogurt
    * I won't DIE if I don't eat ALL of what's on my plate!! I can SURVIVE with just half a brat cut length-wise and not feel deprived! GASP!!
    * whole wheat english muffins
    * just in general, fruits and veggies every day
    * laughing cow and crystal farms cheese wedges
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    ZEVIA! If you have a problem with soda you should try it. All natural. 0 cals. no artificial sugar. GREAT product. I wish it had of been around when I was breaking my coke addiction.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The good ole green smoothie. I'm almost never out of this thing. In addition, I always add any other fruits n vegetables I can find.
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Recently I have been making myself a large salad for lunch at work and I have discovered some yummy ingredients:

--Washed organic arugula (Trader Joe's or Organic Girl)--I love arugula but just recently found that I could buy it in larger quantities.
    --Trader Joe's Sweet and Spicy Pecans and Candied Walnuts. Just a few on my salad gives me that sweet/savory combo
    --Newman's Lite Balsamic salad dressing--can't tell it from the full-fat version

Organic Crunch Pac Apple Slices and large containers of blueberries from Costco
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    skinny cow truffle bars

i'm sure the skinny cows are not the best nutrition wise, but they satisfy my late night carb craving, and they taste awesome.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!!! Eat it for breakfast with fruit. Put ranch seasoning in it for a veggie dip and the best ever use it for Sour Cream on baked potatoes or taco salad. Best discovery ever!