Please critique my food

Options

Replies

• KarenontheBeach
    Options
    I think your calorie intake is way too low. You shouldn't be eating less than 1000 calories, and on many days, you are. If you are working out on top of that... well, it's just not enough calories. I know that's hard to believe. But I had a weight loss halt which is what brought me to this site. I started tracking my calories and found I was eating a lot less than I thought I was.

Also, I would try to make sure you have a good source of protein for breakfast always. :) Fruit is great, but you are starting a lot of your days off with sugar. Add some protein everyday to that and I bet it will help.

I'm not an expert, I am still working on my own weight loss goals, but those two things really stuck out to me when I took a look at your food log.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Cut the sodium and eat MUCH MUCH more!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No way are you eating enough, the min is 1200 net, that means after excerise. The only exception is under Dr.s ordrers.

If you don't feed your body you can't lose weight!!! Your bodly needs to get what it needs or it won't let the weight go!!!

Up those calories and try to make them lean protein, fiber and complex carbs.....

You should see an improvement!!!

Best of Luck!!!
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    fruit for breaky, full of sugars and carbs, which stops fat burning. I would change it to more protein and less carbs. its worked well for me =]. although i am now sick of bacon n eggs for breaky lol and wud love cereal back but i now know how bad cereal is for me =]
  • Anon4678
    Anon4678 Posts: 37
    Options
    I agree, it doesn't look like you're eating enough to support your activity level. Trying eating a bit more and see what happens. Good luck! :)
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would change your lunch. If you are eating the same thing your body gets used to it... Maybe have smaller meals 5-6 a day...
  • Kimtucker11
    Options
    I am no expert by no means. But i have been following Chris Powell's 7 day carb cycle with awesome results so far. And I have only been on it for a week. According to the book, you need protein with EVERY meal. Instead of a banana, try a greek yogurt with your apple. Also, have a snack in between meals....this will equal out to five small meals per day which makes your metabolism burn like an incinerator! And you are going into starvation mode with only 900 + calories. Eat AT LEAST the 1,200; however, my eating habits require 1,500-1,800 daily. But none of them are EMPTY calories.
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that many responses say your calorie intake is too low. Mine is the same (1200 daily); it wil what WFP calculated for me. I have just started but having successful weight loss so far. I've always heard to just change up the diet/exercise when you stall - I am not necessarily sure you want to add more calories. I am no expert and still learning myself. I'd know I'd be frustrated with 3 weeks at the same place, though. Hope you have a break though soon.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Maybe up cals just a little w/ protein... a little less salt.. and some cherries or cherry juice for antiflamatory purposes. You might just be holding on to a little bit a water right now from the exercise, like I do... One more thing... drink the water. Oh yeah... I did see you had 9 glasses. Thats really good.
  • royaldutchezz
    Options
    I drink a protein shake in the morning. snack on fruit (bananas, apples, oranges, nectarines) and nuts (pistachios, almonds, and cashews) throughout the day...I have a salad with spritzers as my dressing and a baked or grilled chicken and veggies (mixed, or broccoli) for dinner. I also drink another protein shake after my workout..I'm down 16 lbs since June 12. I only drink water. I don't drink soda or juice..only sporadically.
  • lmdee73
    lmdee73 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm not perfect by any means, but I have worked with a nutritionist previously and here are my suggestions...

limit your carbs after lunch....in fact, don't have any if at all possible.

increase your veggies

include 2-4 oz minimum of protein at every meal

try to eat a mid morning and mid afternoon snack.....again, including protein. Most people that find success eat several smaller meals through the day. You have to remember, that in order to increase your metabolism and lose weight, you have to feed your body. If you're note eating enough, just as eating too much, your body shuts down and starts storing it for later.

change up your cardio a bit....especially if you've been doing the same thing every day. If the treadmill is your go to machine, use the elliptical, etc. Add some weight lifting to your routine as well

and last but not least....you should try to drink a minimum of 100 oz of water every day....some have even said at least a gallon.

Just my two cents. Good luck!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest the "eat more to lose more" tactic and adding healthy fats. I eat almonds daily...it boosts my protein and my good fats. I use almond butter at breakfast which satisfies my hunger from overnight.
  • KarenontheBeach
    Options
    It's interesting that many responses say your calorie intake is too low. Mine is the same (1200 daily); it wil what WFP calculated for me. I have just started but having successful weight loss so far. I've always heard to just change up the diet/exercise when you stall - I am not necessarily sure you want to add more calories. I am no expert and still learning myself. I'd know I'd be frustrated with 3 weeks at the same place, though. Hope you have a break though soon.

But she isn't eating 1200 calories. Only 900 on most days. That's why we are all saying, Eat more! Please eat more!
  • prettylittlegreekdoll
    Options
    haven't had the chance to read through all of the responses - so if this is a duplicate...sorry!

but i've always had success when I change up my foods - you said your lunch has been pretty much the same - change it up!! :)
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    She is eating LESS than 1200 calories/day; and burning 300-400 in calories daily so netting around 800-900. The NET should be 1200 minimum.

You're right, you are no expert!

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to eat more in my opinion-as someone who has tried and failed miserably to eat below 1200, I can tell you I bumped up to 2100 and have lost 10.6 lbs in the last 11 days.
  • GeoJenna223
    GeoJenna223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I second, third and fourth the "Eat More!" comments.

Here is why:

From July to November of last year I ate about 1200 cals/day and exercised burning 400-800 cals per day 5x a week doing an hour of cardio followed by 30 mins of weights. I gained and lost the same 5 lbs. In November, I saw a nutritionist. She upped me to 1700-1800 cals/day with the same exercise routine. From November to now I have lost almost 30 pounds, went from a US size 18 to a size 10 in pants and a US16 dress down to an 8 or a 10. Shirts went from an XL to a M.

Good luck! you can do it.

Oh, and I saw your other post, you should totally stay in NOLA! New Orleans rocks :) Stupid boys don't.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    You are getting quite a bit of animal protein as well as protein from your veggies. i know that it is so so so hard (because I'm trying the same thing) but maybe you can cut out that much animal protein, unless you are strength training. And water water water. :) I have a 32 oz bottle that I fill with water everyday and make sure I drink it all, and when it is empty I fill it up and drink all of that. I do this three or four times a day. I try to stay away from soda and juice, I drink a minimal amount of milk (and it is either skim or 2% reduced fat) I eat a lot of low calorie things throughout the day so I don't feel hungry and I don't go over my calories. Hope this helps you! Good luck :)
  • etsdolls
    etsdolls Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went and look at your food chart and you only have it for a week, have you only been dieting for a week and lost 6 pounds? If so I can't see what your complaint is. But I have noticed two things . 1- You are getting to much sodium and 2- most days you have a lot of calories left to consume. I don't know how much your calories are, but you may not be eating enough. :love:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was at a stand still for about 25 days. I added in more calories per day and changed my routine to include weight lifting. I was amazing. In the first 7 days I lost 2 pounds. Just by eating more and lifting weights in addition to my cardio.

This week I weighed myself and I'm done another 1.5 lbs this week.