Please critique my food

Options
13»

Replies

• Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would suggest lower sodium foods, more veggies (broccoli, sweet potato, green beans etc) :) maybe some green smoothies, it's my excuse for everything since they give so much energy and nutrients, - http://www.vega-licious.com/category/vegan-recipes/green-smoothies/ , I love em, or I have base recipe here- http://girlwholovestheworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/awesome-green-smoothie.html , Hope this helps :)

Banana, kale, and berries make such a divine green smoothie! I've found banana eliminates the taste of kale and mango smoothens out the taste.

Yup I always tell people add that banana trust me! lol I love pineapple or strawberries in mine so far they are my fav, I keep adding other things as well, like dulse, flax, chia seeds, and sesame seeds.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have been eating too little for too long. I'm going to venture to say adding cardio isn't going to help.
    I would suggest a metabolism reset for 2 weeks and then focusing on TDEE - 250 calorie deficit and sticking with that for at least 3 weeks.
  • jenlichfield
    jenlichfield Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    More protein. Definitely. Every meal and double the amount you're currently eating.

It'll help you feel full for longer too. And I'm with the posters who said less sodium. Increase your weights at the gym, make sure you do them before any cardio. Lift heavy, get lots of rest and eat more.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I definitely noticed the sodium and found out the culprit is the smoked salmon for lunch so that is being cut out.

And I have only tracked one week consistently but been at it for almost two months (to the person that asked about that)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who said that you must eat more nutritious food, especially if you are exercising but not logging it in MyFitnessPal. I was in a similar situation a week ago, and someone recommended that I eat more nutritious, clean food, drink more water, and watch my sodium intake, and it has worked like a charm. You should not eat less than 1200 calories each day or net less than 1000 calories each day. Good luck, and feel free to friend me if I can support you on your journey.
  • tluurtse
    tluurtse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not trained in this or anything, but I have read A LOT about this stuff in order to learn the best way to lose weight. In the last 4 weeks, I've lost 9 pounds, so something is right. Everyone is different, so please keep that in mind. You could get very complicated & count your carbs, protein, fat, etc. I've found that is boils down to some simple things: Eat enough & often & exercise, both cardio & weight training.

Eat enough:
    Find out what your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is. This number is how many calories your body would burn if you were in bed all day. The number will probably be surprisingly high. Subtract 500. Hell, subtract 750 & you'll be eating more than you are now. I'd say just subtract 500. Any more, your body thinks it's starving & holds onto everything it can so you don't starve to death. Once you're eating at this level, you're eating enough. Eat every 2-3 hours. I'm not talking full meals, but just spread your calories out. Be sure to have snacks between meals of about 100 calories. This keeps the metabolism going in between meals. Here is a link to calculate your BMR: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm

Exercise:
    Doing 30 minutes on the elliptical is boring. Plus, your body gets used to it pretty quick. Change it up. Also, try some interval training (90 seconds of walking, 45 seconds running, & repeat for the half hour). Interval training helps burn more calories. Weight training (or doing squats, push-ups, crunches, etc. if you don't have access to weights) is a good thing. It builds muscle which burns more calories at rest than fat does. Here's an article on interval training to explain the mechanics of why this is better: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alwyn8.htm

Good luck!
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is kinda rude. Sorry I didn't look that carefully and mis-spoke. Thank you for your expertise.....
    She is eating LESS than 1200 calories/day; and burning 300-400 in calories daily so netting around 800-900. The NET should be 1200 minimum.

You're right, you are no expert!

It's interesting that many responses say your calorie intake is too low. Mine is the same (1200 daily); it wil what WFP calculated for me. I have just started but having successful weight loss so far. I've always heard to just change up the diet/exercise when you stall - I am not necessarily sure you want to add more calories. I am no expert and still learning myself. I'd know I'd be frustrated with 3 weeks at the same place, though. Hope you have a break though soon.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You look very healthy in your pics. How close are you to your ideal weight? Remember, the closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is the shed those last few pounds. My guess is to keep doing what you are doing and practice some patients.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    up your calories, especially if you insist on increasing your exercise.
    reduce carbs, reduce sodium, increase protein, increase fat.
    increase vegetables.

lift heavy weights.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    More water and more produce would be helpful, from what I see there. Use some extra protein to add more calories, also.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You look very healthy in your pics. How close are you to your ideal weight? Remember, the closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is the shed those last few pounds. My guess is to keep doing what you are doing and practice some patients.

i am the most impatient person. lol!

I am 15 pound away from my ideal weight :)