Favorite sandwich bread?

Options

Replies

• cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hillbilly brand whole wheat bread is 60 calories per slice, 120 calories a serving (which is 2 slices) and actually tastes really good. Not sure if it'll be available in your area or not, though.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I recently tried this bread from Great Harvest Bread Company. It was amazing.... it was about 140 cals. per slice... but it is so good. With nuts and grains in it. Whenever I did eat it I ate one slice with peanut butter on it with coffee on the side and that was my meal. Hahaha.
  • rackie515
    rackie515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Arnold Bakery light 100% Whole wheat bread it is 40 calories a slice and so soft and fresh..
    Ok it is a liitle thinner per slice but it is so delicious
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sandwich Thins - 100 cals, toasted with beans or untoasted with slightly runny boiled eggs mmmmmm
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Alvarado Bakery Flax Seed Bread 50cals a slice ... awesome when toasted.
    Keep it in the fridge.
  • rmandree
    rmandree Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did not know that Sara Lee's had a lower calorie bread.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Merita makes a whole wheat whole grain bread, that is only 50 calories a slice!

But, on another note, I love the Private Selections Golden Flax Seed 7 Fiber bread. They're large thick cut slices, so you only need one, and they're like 130 calories, but they're the *right* kind of calories with that said. Again, you only need one slice. And over all it becomes a part of the sandwich that you're using it in, it adds to the flavor layers- not just a piece of puffed up dough and chemicals with no taste.
  • cpaump25
    cpaump25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Sara Lee Delightful - Multigrain Light Bread. It is only 45 calories a slice.
  • mandy_lee86
    mandy_lee86 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like Sara Lee Honey Weat. I think it is 170 for 2 slices
  • leanns69
    leanns69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat - 50 calories per slice and uses brown surgar instead of high fructos corn syrup to sweeten! Love it!:love:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love ole high fiber low carb tortilla wraps they make great wraps for lunch or breakfast and the wrap is only 70 calories or Meritta has wheat hamburger buns for 80 calories and is very good
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite (preferably) commercially available sandwich bread that has 60 or less calories per slice? I'd like to avoid the "eating cardboard" taste...

I don't know about under 60 calories--most breads give a calorie count, IIRC, for two slices.

If you're not trying lettuce wraps, try whole-grain bread. But you have to see the words 'whole-grain' on the label AND in the ingredients. Other suggestions: pita bread or flatbread.

White bread has most of the grain processed out.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Whole Wheat bread. 50 cals a slice. Only bread I've had since I was a child.

Actually....we had the butter bread...which I can't stand now.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    good question. ty
  • coliecat8
    coliecat8 Posts: 7
    Options
    Sorry if someone said this already but acme 100% whole wheat brad is really good both in taste and nutrition. 60 calories a slice. Its also cheap!
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Another here on the Daves Killer Bread bandwagon! I love the 21 Whole Grains, but I haven't tried the other because I'm pretty happy with that one. I occasionally use it for sandwiches, which is good, but I have 1 slice most mornings with a touch of peanut better smeared on it.

Yeah! love Daves! 65 cal a slice (for the "light" bread) and full of fiber!
  • Firstruleoffatclub
    Options
    i quite like warburtons sandwich thins, but i'd rather have half a sandwich using one slice of a good quality wholegrain/seeded bread at 120 kcals a slice, than a whole sandwich using 2 slices of slimmer branded bread at 60 kcals a slice!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    "Best" whole wheat pita. 90 cals.
  • BChamp1226
    BChamp1226 Posts: 26
    Options
    I buy the La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas. Low calories, and super low carb.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Alpine Valley Organic sprouted honey wheat with flaxseed. 80 cals/slice, but it's whole grain and absolutely delicious. You can get twin packs at Costco and it freezes wonderfully.