comebacks for "you are losing too much weight"

Options

Replies

• ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options
    Duh really? like I didn't notice that. I am sarcastic.

Right??

"Oh, thats why I suddenly needed a belt for my pants."

On the "why do you keep exercising?" topic, I really hate the "what are you trying to do?" question. I feel like really smart people should not have to ask WHY I am losing weight, eating better, exercising more. If I were running or swimming or biking or some specific activity, I could see them wondering what my goal is for racing or competition or accomplishing something, but for me its a matter of finding stuff to keep me moving so that I keep losing. I am not running several days a week, I can't be mistaken for training for a 5k or something, but I keep getting the question.

I feel like they're anticipating a particular answer. "Be a size 6" or "Lose 40lbs" but I really don't have a specific goal in mine, I am going for a "feeling" rather than a specific target.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear someone say I'm losing too much weight LOL.
    Literally my comeback would be, "Omg thank you!!!"
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Them - "You're losing too much weight."
    You - "Yes I am."
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Today I had a few and strong words with somebody that was and is constantly making comments about my weight. I told her to stop it, and that my weight is my problem and concern and not hers, and that I was tired of her comments ( I was very loud). End of discussion.

I have been very diplomatic in the past but she keeps going on and on, and she thinks that is funny. Hopefully she got message this time.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    "Girl you need to stop loosing weight".....

"I know, cause you keep finding it".... (smile and giggle)... you should go to the gym with me?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "What body fat percentage do you think would be optimal on me?"
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    them: You are always at the gym, make sure you don't overdo it
    me: Yes, because underdoing it was CLEARLY working for me
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    If somebody tells me I am losing too much weight,
    I am always dead sarcastic and dry, "WHAT!? NO STOP IT!!! Here I am running, trying to gain weight, FLIP SAKE. LOSING WEIGHT? WHAT IS THIS DEVILRY?"
    ITS THE AIM YOU IDIOT!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    UR MOM'S LOSING TOO MUCH WEIGHT LULZ

Seriously. No one ever says this to me. Ever. So I guess if it really bothers you, just move to Southern California and it will stop.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My SIL hit goal weight and still runs an hour a day 6 days a week. People ask her why she keeps running. Her reply "I run cause I like to eat!"
  • deshawnw
    deshawnw Posts: 1
    Options
    "devilry" I have found a new word!!! Lol
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    "devilry" I have found a new word!!! Lol

Hahahahhah Use it. its brilliant. :laugh:
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    "What body fat percentage do you think would be optimal on me?"

Love this one! :)
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    don't need these yet but bumping for when I do :)
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this is great.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    "I hope to one day become invisible, so I can rob banks."
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'd reference Star Wars by blaming the garbage compactor, but I don't think anyone would get the joke. I'd probably just get some really weird looks.
  • shamrck44
    shamrck44 Posts: 91
    Options
    My SIL hit goal weight and still runs an hour a day 6 days a week. People ask her why she keeps running. Her reply "I run cause I like to eat!"

I would say "I am getting ready for the zombie apocolypse, man are you screwed"
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I'd reference Star Wars by blaming the garbage compactor, but I don't think anyone would get the joke. I'd probably just get some really weird looks.

*raises hand* I would get it. :tongue:
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker that always complained about her high blood pressure and other ailments and actually admitted she wanted to lose weight. So, when she told me that I was losing too much weight and that I was starting to look old :frown: , I replied (yes it's mean) "I'm still losing weight because I don't want to be another statistic of Type II Diabetes and be dependent on BP medication." She gave me the dirtiest look ever and didn't speak to me for a couple of days, but I think I got my point across. :tongue: