I do not want to workout. :(

Options

Replies

• going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    go to the gym for 10 minutes and if you still don't want to do it 10 minutes in to your work out go home no guilt i do this often never left yet
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    HMPFf! GO!

i would if i could, but my back is being a whiny *****
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No, there isn't a reason that you should work out today.

If your body or mind doesn't feel like it then it's for a reason.

It sounds like you are more likely to injure yourself or stress your body.

Apologies for this radical concept, now back to the standard 'motivational' posts.

Yeah, listen to your body without questioning it at all...

...except that's likely what has led so many people to the problems they're trying to get out of now.

Let's try a different approach...let's listen to our bodies, but more thoroughly consider what it is we think our bodies are telling us...

Are you truly not yet recovered from your past workouts? Are you actually sleep-deprived? Is there some actual reason why you shouldn't go move at all? Then sure, take the extra rest. But if it's just a case of not *wanting* to because you're feeling lazy or because you're still trying to break a habit of inactivity, then it's probably a better idea to go and at least do something.

Or how about this...you don't have to break a record or set a PR in the gym, but at least go. If after a few minutes in the gym you still aren't feeling it, then pack up and head home.

EDIT: And now I read the rest of the replies and see that I'm saying nothing that hasn't already been said. Pfft. You'd think I'd learn to read through everything before posting...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    An hour from now, you will either feel great about yourself for having overcome "I don't want to" and accomplished a great workout, or you'll just continue feeling tired... I know what I would choose for you!
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I feel like this I drink a good cup of coffee to wake me up and I find it gives me that boost of energy I need to get going...with some good music of course. It's Friday..don't you want to start your weekend feeling fabulous?
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I never and I mean NEVER WANT to exercise. If I went on that basis, as I have done for most of my life, I'd never do it -- and I pretty much didn't. Until I decided that what I wanted (to be pain free) was more important than my aversion to exercise. I have to treat it as a discipline and not even think about it, just do it. Cause if I ask myself if I want to, the answer will always be a resounding NO! So I take Agent K's advice and don't ask myself a question I don't want to know the answer to. ha ha! :o) So if it's not even a question, then it's easier to just do it and get it over with. People keep telling me I'll learn to love it and be revved up and energized about it. 2 1/2 months in and I'm still just doing it out of discipline....seriously doubt a lifelong avoidance is EVER going to turn into any semblance of enthusiasm but I have to keep my eyes on the higher goal and prioritize that over my present discomfort and wishing to be doing almost anything else.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Do as you want.
    Why are you even asking?

You either want it or you dont. If you dont, go home, grab the cookies and ice cream, sit your butt on the couch and enjoy them.
  • karijoeide
    karijoeide Posts: 103
    Options
    You will feel guilty and remorseful if you don't go...the only bad workout is a missed workout! Go do it! Then go home and relax! You will be glad you went!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Do as you want.
    Why are you even asking?

You either want it or you dont. If you dont, go home, grab the cookies and ice cream, sit your butt on the couch and enjoy them.

^^ THIS
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    No ever says "I decided to workout today, and I totally regret that." But I know, I've skipped plenty and regreted that. lol You will feel better after you go!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Neither do I.
    My headache is coming back and my eyes hurt.
    But I logged it, so I will have to do it.

::sigh::
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to try out a different workout today. It is possible to get burned out on the same old workout. Maybe you could go for a jog in the park, take a long walk, go the park and do some pull ups on the monkey bars, go for a bike ride. I switch up my workout every couple of weeks because I get bored and don't want to do it anymore if I don't.
  • aponia
    aponia Posts: 28
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel but in my experience, exercise always gives me more energy. That extremely tired and fatigued feeling should go away after you work out for a bit - plus, you'll have the energy to do the extra little things you need to do when you get home and you'll sleep great. It'll all be worth it. <3
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The gym sessions you go to when you really don't want to are the ones to be proud of.

Great advice! Usually the days I don't want to go are the days I need it the most.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No ever says "I decided to workout today, and I totally regret that." But I know, I've skipped plenty and regreted that. lol You will feel better after you go!

I do. When I end up with a 2 day Migraine because I did more than my head was ready for.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't want to work out either. But I will if you will.

30 min run and 30 Day Shred here I come!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I have never regretted working out although I have many times regretted missing a workout.
  • shedricka
    shedricka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone is bored with their workout...CHANGE IT UP. Go home, blast your favorite music, and try a body weight workout. Lunges (forward, backward & sideways), wall squats, planks, push ups, anything that gets you movin' and groovin'.
  • Graeh
    Graeh Posts: 8
    Options
    The gym sessions you go to when you really don't want to are the ones to be proud of.

^This! Just remember you never regret a workout done, only a workout missed- You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    DO it! DO IT! DO IT!!!!! :)