comebacks for "you are losing too much weight"

Options
13»

Replies

• KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    My SIL hit goal weight and still runs an hour a day 6 days a week. People ask her why she keeps running. Her reply "I run cause I like to eat!"

I would say "I am getting ready for the zombie apocolypse, man are you screwed"

Haha My response to saying the zombie one... "Wow." and walk away. People are taking this way to far.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    I've only ever heard, "you need to lose weight," so I'm afraid I don't really have much of a comeback for you...
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This lady at work looked me up and down while I was counting my till and in my head I thought "here we go, wait for it" and nevertheless she shouted,
    "OH MY GOD! YOU'VE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT, YOU'RE NOT ANOREXIC ARE YOU? OH GOODNESS WHAT'S HAPPENED YOU'RE GOING TO DISAPPEAR ON US SOON"
    so I shouted back
    "no WAY!!!! Only a few pounds, I'm not even dieting, I just started going to the gym because it's healthy instead of sitting on the couch at home"
    "oh that's good sweetheart, going to the gym is great!!"

Now I always cop snide comments like "why is that ladder to heavy for you my dear? the gym isn't doing much for you is it?"

fml, can't get away from rude comments so I just laugh and take them with a grain of salt.
  • joannasaurusrex
    Options
    Obese friend, eating a fried breakfast: "Pffffft, who goes to the gym on a SUNDAY?"

Me: "....clearly not you".

That shut them up :)
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    "I hope to one day become invisible, so I can rob banks."

i love this one and plan on stealing it and putting it to use just as soon as the oportunity presents itself :)
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost enough weight to really run into this but my mom has lost a lot and a lot of her clothing doesn't fit any more. One of her co-workers told her she needed to buy new clothes that fit and she asked her if she was buying.
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Obese friend, eating a fried breakfast: "Pffffft, who goes to the gym on a SUNDAY?"

Me: "....clearly not you".

That shut them up :)

:laugh: love it!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    them: "man i hope a strong wind doesn't come by,it'll blow you away!"
    you: "that's ok,i'll just anchor myself to you :) "

Lol. Awesome comeback; I love it!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just had to add another, this is what I always say to my friends:

"you can never be too rich or too thin"

On that note, do you ever have friends who try to peer-pressure you into eating crap food to 'prove' you don't have an eating disorder. Eugh.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "What body fat percentage do you think would be optimal on me?"

This is brilliant. I will use this one. I usually try to be nice and respond with something like "I'll stop losing weight when I'm 100% happy with how I look". That's usually enough, but for certain people, I'm sure to use this!!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    lol <3 this thread
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    "Girl you need to stop loosing weight".....

"I know, cause you keep finding it".... (smile and giggle)... you should go to the gym with me?

LMAO. I'm going to have to use this one.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Co-worker: "Why do you exercise all the time? you're already in shape. what are you trying to prove?"

me: "nothing. I only do it annoy you."
    This is awesome! I hope I get to use it some day. :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

i love this one and plan on stealing it and putting it to use just as soon as the oportunity presents itself :)

Thank you. Enjoy using it. :smile:
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love this. Gonna have to use it sometime.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    “Criticism is something you can easily avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~Aristotle

I believe most forms of criticisms are just forms of miscommunications. I say thank you or just smile and go about my day. I find there is no need to escalate what may be preceived as conflict when the person might have miscommunicated their feelings. The more time you spend wondering what to say or do, the less time you have to do other things.

Nailed it^^^^^ :drinker:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    My SIL hit goal weight and still runs an hour a day 6 days a week. People ask her why she keeps running. Her reply "I run cause I like to eat!"

I would say "I am getting ready for the zombie apocolypse, man are you screwed"

LOL...poor fat *kitten*!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bump