Insanity or Px90?

Options
Insanity or Px 90? Does anyone know what the main differences are, and do you have a favorite? I'm thinking about buying one of them.

Replies

• MsSurrender
    Options
    I recommend any of them that will get you doing something. If you are self motivated Insanity has no equipment and you can do it at home. And it is kind of fun...plus the ladies love the instructor.

Rushfit looks like a mix between the delivery style of Insanity and the weight lifting of circuit training/crossfit/etc. Not impressed.

But overall I have found that people are just not motivated. And if they are motivated they will lose it soon. Found that with a group you can get better results and sustain longer on whatever program you are on. If that is an option I would join a crossfit/circuit training gym.

Insanity is what I am using
  • rmaxlynn
    rmaxlynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I recommend any of them that will get you doing something. If you are self motivated Insanity has no equipment and you can do it at home. And it is kind of fun...plus the ladies love the instructor.

Rushfit looks like a mix between the delivery style of Insanity and the weight lifting of circuit training/crossfit/etc. Not impressed.

But overall I have found that people are just not motivated. And if they are motivated they will lose it soon. Found that with a group you can get better results and sustain longer on whatever program you are on. If that is an option I would join a crossfit/circuit training gym.

Thanks. Yeah, that is a very good point. Will I do it on my own? I just really want to do some strength training that is challenging-develop a good routine that will push me.
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    If you want strength training, you would probably prefer p90x. it has strength days mixed with cardio. insanity is mainly cardio, plus some push ups for upper body. I've finished both and enjoy both immensely.
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lot's of differences!!! Insanity is all HIIT cardio, so if you're looking for strength, go with P90X. I'm on week 7 of Insanity, and while it's been awesome (shorter workouts) for getting my *kitten* back in gear, I do think that P90X, which I did only for a month, is a more scientifically sound total body conditioning program. I really really wanna try Tapout XT, which I've heard is awesome....
  • rmaxlynn
    Options
    If you want strength training, you would probably prefer p90x. it has strength days mixed with cardio. insanity is mainly cardio, plus some push ups for upper body. I've finished both and enjoy both immensely.

Thanks! That's encouraging.
  • rmaxlynn
    Options
    That's helpful, thanks.
  • BrookybayB
    BrookybayB Posts: 17
    Options

I totally agree! Doesn't matter which you choose...just stack with it. I am doing insanity (no equipment required)
  • BrookybayB
    BrookybayB Posts: 17
    Options
    :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Insanity is primarily cardio based and uses body weight as resistance. It can be tough on the joints. P90X is more strength based, although has lots of tough cardio too and can be modified to add more cardio for a more "lean" look rather than the classic. Insanity is a 60-day program and P90X is a 90-day program. I'll send you a message!