Anyone from LA? Looking for some friends for motivation.

Options
Hey All!

First, I just joined MFP last night and I am already loving it! I used to use a different program but, was never serious about it. Of course, you have all heard it before...I am serious now.

Second, I just moved to LA in February and I don't know anyone besides who I work with.

I am looking to find some awesome friends (in LA or not) who are doing the same thing, looking to better them selves by losing weight. No, I don't call this a diet, it is a lifestyle change, so I will be around for a long time!

I would also love to be able to meet up and go for a walk or take a class together, grab a salad and chat. I live right by Culver City, so anyone close by who isn't afraid to meet up (of course after we get to know each other) let me know!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

Here is the info on my profile:

About Me

Let's see...I am a 23 year old girl who has been overweight her whole life. As a child I was very active but still overweight. Same thing with high school and beyond.

My family is all overweight and my Mother cooks like she is feeding 500 people with enough butter to spread on 5 loaves of bread.
Of course, it's not all my families fault. It is mine as well, I knew I was overweight and haven't done anything to help it.

I am from the mid-west originally but just moved out to LA in February with my boyfriend of 5.5 years. We have two cat's and they are our fur babies! Both the BF and I are into the arts, majorly. He is a producer/director trying to break into the industry and also does graphic design. I am a photographer and a graphic designer as well.
Why I Want To Get In Shape

Along this journey I am on a mission to love myself for who I am on the inside and see the new me on the outside as a plus. I won't lie, I am doing this for my vanity as well, who isn't. But, I really do want to live a long and healthy life for my (eventual) great-great grandchildren.

I also hope to get over many of the issues that I have...

-Abandonment Issues from childhood
-Emotional Abuse from childhood

My Inspirations

To look and feel amazing. I want my personality to match my "outsides."
My boyfriend has lost 50 lbs! I am following in his footsteps!
To buy a new wardrobe!!
For whenever I end up getting married, I want to cherish the photos not grimace!

Replies

• danlie
    danlie Posts: 7
    Options
    Los Angeles?I am going to ucla in the fall.....
  • Bondgirlforever
    Bondgirlforever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Los Angeles?I am going to ucla in the fall.....

Awesome! Yes, I should clarify, Los Angeles!!
  • danlie
    danlie Posts: 7
    Options
    it is a nice place,I am looking forward to there...btw, good luck on ur new life style and wish u achieve ur goal in a short time...
  • Bondgirlforever
    Options
    it is a nice place,I am looking forward to there...btw, good luck on ur new life style and wish u achieve ur goal in a short time...

Thank you so much!

Although, I am not looking to lose my weight fast at all! Slow and steady wins the race! :D
  • Bondgirlforever
    Options
    Bump, still looking :)