Does this happen to anyone

Options
You are starving, so you start to cook dinner. But then, by the time it's ready 30 minutes later, you aren't hungry anymore?

This happens to me allll the time. I think it's why I never reach my min. calories for the day. I can never finish what I make because by the time I eat it I'm not really hungry any more.

Does this also happen to you?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I think you need to invite me over for dinner.
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Invite me too. I start eating it before it is ready sometimes. It is the opposite for me, by time dinner is ready I am more hungry and have to make something else LOL.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. If that was my problem I wouldn't be trying to lose weight, Ha.:smile:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yep. Which is why when I eat it is usually fast food. By the time I get done cooking I don't want to smell food or think of it anymore. And I love cooking!

To fix this, I often cook something and put it in the fridge. Then when I am hungry I can warm it in the micro quick like and eat it then.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Uh, no. If that was my problem I wouldn't be trying to lose weight, Ha.:smile:

So true
  • muggsmom
    muggsmom Posts: 28
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I eat a lot of leftovers.
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean! Or r u ever hungry but you just dont feel like eating?!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Gosh, no. I wish that would happen to me.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLL!! Excellent!!:laugh:
    I think you need to invite me over for dinner.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

To fix this, I often cook something and put it in the fridge. Then when I am hungry I can warm it in the micro quick like and eat it then.
    I do this also.. The best way to eat.. Leftovers
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I have a real problem:sad: :cry: I LOVE MY OWN COOKING:laugh:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    :laugh: Yes, I can relate:drinker: :drinker:
    Gosh, no. I wish that would happen to me.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Yes, that happens when I don't plan anything ahead by at least a couple hours! Then I can't seem to see anything good! Also happens if I get low of groceries and don't have a plan. Then I go to the grocery store and start opening things and eating them before I get to the check-out stand:laugh: :bigsmile: Jus kiddin bout that last part:drinker: :drinker:
    I know EXACTLY what you mean! Or r u ever hungry but you just dont feel like eating?!
  • brickhouse76
    brickhouse76 Posts: 146
    Options
    Wish I had that problem:(
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    I find my appetite at least partially fades away while I'm preparing dinner, but as soon as I'm finished the hands on prep work and have to wait for it to actually cook, then my appetite comes raging back more persistent than ever! It's like it agrees to give me a break as long as I'm doing something about the issue, but as soon as I sit down it won't let me forget about it :laugh:
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options

This is me everyday pretty much! lunch, the bane of my existence. I never want to make lunch. How is a person supposed to cook THREE TIMES A DAY?
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yes this happens to me too! Often and I just eat when I don't feel hungry so that is probably why I got in this predicament :ohwell:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This does happen to me...I do not know the medical reason for this, but I will pass what I learned from my nutritionist...

I used to eat every other day and I had my metabolic rate tested...my metabolism was so slow, they thought their machine was broken (seriously :grumble: ). The nutritionist explained to me that my body no longer trusts me to make sensible decisions; psychologically, it thinks it is not going to get food when it needs it so it finds a way to compensate (i.e., my brain doesn't want me to be hungry because it is pointless to trigger the feeling). She said this is the same reason why some people have to train themselves to eat breakfast.

Who knows if she is right or not - but I can tell you that eating steady sensible meals and snacks all day long has increased my metabolism. I make myself eat and snack (within the nutritional/caloric limits) whether I am hungry or not. My body has responded very positively.

Eat, my friend. Eat and your body will reward you.

I hope this helps.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I find this happens because I am eating the food while I am cooking it. "Oh wait I will just grab another quick "taste" just to make sure it is right".
  • Loli64
    Loli64 Posts: 2
    Options
    NOOO!!! I wish , I make dinner and all i want to do is test taste it 30 times and by the time I do eat, I have had 3 servings not one. :sad: