stretch marks;)

Options
Should we even care ???

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    As a mom, I've earned them, as an over-eater, I'm ashamed of them....that's the Gemini in me :)
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thats an awseome way to look at it ;)
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    I love my stretch marks, they are part of my little man. I earned them and wear them proud!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I didn't get one stretch mark from my pregnancy, but I have a ton of them (white ones) on my hips from where I gained weight in my youth. And I have wretched spider veins on the sides of my thighs from the same thing. I've been thinking about having those removed, but it's pure vanity. If it were from pregnancy, I might feel more noble and righteous about it. Sigh...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    NO!! :)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Not much you can do about 'em, so try not to worry too much.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Who cares..I don't. Ive given birth to 3 kids..now all teenagers. The last one was over 11 pound at birth...Ive earned my stripes.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    As a mom, I've earned them, as an over-eater, I'm ashamed of them....that's the Gemini in me :)

i feel the exact same way!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I got em. Nothing I can do about them. They're mine, they're my ups and downs. No children have created them, but they will be the ones to add to them.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've come to terms with mine. It reminds me where I shouldn't go ever again!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think they are from losing weight so why not be proud of them? I've never had kids and try not to get down about that. Sick of people thinkng I'm a parent when I haven't earned that title.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options

My answer ... EXACTLY :)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't care but I do. Don't know that I'll ever wear a bikini again.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    As a guy, i really dont give a crap if women have them....besides if i did then i would be a hypocrite considering my back is covered in them from when i hit puberty...i grew more than 2 feet in one year
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    No kids here. Just from gaining and losing and gaining and losing. I've had stretch marks since I was young, i've had them on my hips since I can remember. They suck. But I've tried Mederma and Cocoa butter and all of that. I guess I don't mind them now. I'm used to them.
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have them. Don't have kids but they are from gaining weight when I was younger. Sick of people asking me "Why do you have stretch marks? You don't have kids." A misconception that everyone thinks you only get stretch marks from kids. Once I reach my goal size I don't care what anyone thinks I'll wear a bikini and flaunt my stretch marks! They are my "struggle scars" that I will have overcome. They are a part of me and won't be going anywhere.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I earned mine through my weight gain, not from pregnancy. So I'm a little pissed about them, but I just add them to the list of scars I have earned over the years. Oh the stories I can tell!:smile:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I hate mine, cuz they're all from weight gain :( But there is nothing u can do ab them. They the thin white ones, but my tummy and sides are covered. I have them other places too.
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    I got mine from having a kid. And the man I'm with couldn't care less about them. He thinks I'm beautiful.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I grew so quickly when I hit puberty (extremely early as well -- the week of my 9th birthday).. that I had stretch marks on my hips, shoulders, ankles, around my waist and back by the time I was in junior high school. The ones on my stomach from gaining so much weight and being pregnant with twins just makes a whole matching set