Wheat Belly Book

Options
Who's reading it? Thoughts.. I use to think same thing about vegetables and their nutritional value today versus our grandparents vegetables..never put 2+2 together for wheat/grain.. eye openinig..

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I read it and thought it was very interesting. He has certainly done his research. I was already limiting grains because I eat low carb but now I eliminated all of them completely. The whole connection between wheat/grains to insulin problems makes total sense. Since I have rampant diabetes in my family and myself am predisposed due to having gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy, I want to give my body a fighting chance.
  • sarahat
    sarahat Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE this book. we need to help get the word out that this franken wheat that is actually goatgrass is not proper food. his website is pretty good, and I have liked them on facebook, which means I see the blog. I often re-post the blog entries on my own fb business page.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bumping...i just got my lipid results back..without taking 40mg statin daily and eliminating wheat...not all carbs.. my lipids are all in range and total is down to 185..i was 272, then 200 on statin..went up on statin too.. now im down...continue this wheat elimination testing..time to work out more and continue to choose better foods
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I read it and immediately quit grains to see what effect it would have.

Can't see me going back to be honest ... the occasional indulgence but not the 'staff and staple of life' we are all conditioned to perceive according to the food pyramid.

To be honest his website and hyperbole sort of undermines the solid research behind the book for me but I can't deny the results ... less bloated, better skin, less cravings, etc.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Is this "franken wheat" thing an American phenomenon? I know you guys have a lot of GM food there which is illegal in the UK.
  • mcanavan05
    Options
    Way I see it ...most processed grains/bread... reduce or remove..
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The only thing WheatBelly proves is the Wizard's First Rule.
  • mcanavan05
    Options
    The only thing WheatBelly proves is the Wizard's First Rule.

?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    51y6JUAPlBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • dosmundos
    dosmundos Posts: 64
    Options
    Read it - loved it - living it now. My family does not participate totally but they are grown ups and make their own decisions.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    grrr...I hate Kindle! Can't find the book :(

^ lie^ I found it finally!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lizmcg83
    Lizmcg83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I read it and it has opened up my eyes. I have a had stomach "issues" for most of my life and I'm wondering if it's due to wheat.....I am giving the whole no wheat challenge ago for 30 days to see how it effects me. I am actually on day two.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I wanted to read it until I read this review:

http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.com/2012/03/wheat-belly-busted.html
  • mcanavan05
    Options
    Keep me posted..my acid reflux or whatever it was has gone away too..
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    bump
  • mcanavan05
    Options
    Interesting.. im sure some was generalized to read for the masses..
  • aolivez
    aolivez Posts: 8
    Options
    I already eat low-grain, have no food allergies, but still have a big middle. (CW: 158, daily cal about 1200 net.)

Questions for those with experience:
    1. Is there a difference between reducing grains and cutting them out all together?
    2. Can you eat rice, corn, quinoa, other stuff on the Wheat Belly diet?
    3. How long before you notice the miracle improvements?

Thanks!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Good find. Wheat is just the punching bag of the month for people looking at something to blame (other than themselves) for being overweight. Grains don't make you fat....eating more calories than you burn does.