My NSV of the Day- What's YOURS?

Options
chelseaalicia
chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
NSV Time!

Was able to outrun the dog that busted off his leash and decided to chase me on my run :tongue: Interval training pays off :)

WHAT MADE YOU SMILE TODAY? :laugh:

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I tried on a pair of shorts today that I have not been able to button in years, and I was able to today :) I couldn't sit down yet or breathe well...but I could button them...so that's a good sign!

Things are moving inch wise!!! Not a huge thing by any means buts it a tangible thing so I am thrilled!
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    Wow! That is some NSV! Must feel so good!
    Today my NSV was that the pants I just bought a couple of weeks ago that I wore for the first time today are already big. Not that big of a NSV.
    The biggest one I have had lately was this past weekend when I was cleaning my house. I was climbing on the furniture to clear the cobwebs in my living room. I realized that the first time in my life I wasn't afraid I was going to break anything. I've been heavy my whole life...this is the lightest I have been since middle school. It was such a freeing feeling.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda weird but I have noticed that :smile: I do not have heartburn anymore:smile: since I started excersizing. Awesome. Do not need to buy tums anymore.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'll take inches over pounds any day!
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    my running shorts were sliding down a little while i ran :> i won't be able to afford new shorts for a few weeks so i'll be pulling them up for a while, but i'm happy nonetheless!

i also ran a bit faster today and still had energy to sprint at the end of my run.

i also realized that despite the fact i'm running in the same ****ty walmart running shoes i bought when i started this whole endeavour, my feet don't ache or even hurt before/during my runs. i don't even think about them! i must be getting lighter :)
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    This one is kinda weird but I have noticed that :smile: I do not have heartburn anymore:smile: since I started excersizing. Awesome. Do not need to buy tums anymore.
    mostly same! i used to have really bad heartburn that would wake me up in the middle of the night and i'd be up for a half hour because i couldn't lay back down
    i get heartburn pretty infrequently now! i had some today but it wasn't too bad, i took two tums and it went away for the rest of the day.
  • suzyqqq27
    suzyqqq27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I managed a steady paced 30 minute walk non stop today for the first time since getting pregnant and my 27 week "bump" loved it :)
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    What is NSV?
    non-scale victory. anything good that happens because you're losing weight that isn't tied to a number on the scale
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    What is NSV?
    Non Scale Victory
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    NSV is non-scale victory

mine is that this last week I was able to wear a dress that I havent been able to fit into in about 14 yrs it felt amazing
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    NSV is non-scale victory

mine is that this last week I was able to wear a dress that I havent been able to fit into in about 14 yrs it felt amazing
    Wow! That is awesome! I bet you felt like you were floating on air and so proud! WTG!!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I voluntarily lowered my calorie goals on MFP. I guess my body has gotten so used to the already-reduced number of 1900 and I'm not starving all the time and eating less than that most days anyway. Now I'm trying for 1700. Easy so far!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I ran 1km/0.6mi in 4 min 51 seconds :D
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A little TMI but..ever since my first pregnancy I haven't been regular...could go over a week without a bowel movement..since ive been exercising and eating better....I've become regular! Big thing for me not feeling bloated all the time..sorry TMI..
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    <
    I am the one in the black t-shirt :tongue: My 5 yr old daughter :heart: Sophie:heart: said to me "Mum your getting tinier" . Such a lovely compliment from my baby I was over the moon! ::happy:
  • LaneyRZ
    LaneyRZ Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Wow, I just noticed that I don't either. I haven't taken one of my acid reducer pills in around a month! :bigsmile:

As for my own:

Doing dishes this morning, my wedding band slipped off my finger. That's a first!
    I'm used to wearing 2X shirts. Yesterday I put on a plain ol' Large that my daughter gave me and it fit!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Walked to the supermarket in a skirt today. Walked around for a whole hour and my legs didn't rub together! :D
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Yesterday while me and my kids were doing a fun little zumba game, my 6 year old daughter said "Mommy, you look like you are shrinking." That just made my day. :)
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Wow, I just noticed that I don't either. I haven't taken one of my acid reducer pills in around a month! :bigsmile:

As for my own:

Doing dishes this morning, my wedding band slipped off my finger. That's a first!
    I'm used to wearing 2X shirts. Yesterday I put on a plain ol' Large that my daughter gave me and it fit!

This is one of the first things I noticed. I believe for me it is simply a result of not constantly overeating. Peppers, onions, cucumbers used to kill me. Now I eat them all the time.

My NSV. I have nothing that fits me except a few things I bought last week. Everything else is baggy and falling off. I never saved any skinny clothes because I just figured I would alway be fat. Now I am starting to look like someone who got his big brother's hand me downs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!