Relapased... upset with myself.

Options
After two years of dedication, hard word and simply put... kicking a$#, I pretty much just ruined it.

This week; I've eaten everything and anything in sight from pans of pasta, lots of sugar, huge bowls of cereal and pizza. I log MFP EVERY single day but haven't in a couple days, and on top of that I haven't finished a workout in a week. When I manage to get enough energy to work out, I start the DVD (I'm on P90X) but after the first 30 minutes, I quit with the same tired excuse, "I'll do it tomorrow," but tomorrow is a repeat. My last FULL workout was a week ago.

I feel like I'm at square one again... I don't know where to start again. I want this, I don't want to be quitter. I've seen the amount of damage I can do to myself and I don't ever want to be in that state ever again. Family doesn't understand, friends think this is a joke... I need some words of wisdom, tough love, etc, from people understand what it's like.

I need help to get my mojo back, anybody have any words of encouragement? :indifferent:

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    One week doesnt ruin two years! Just commit yourself to doing the whole workout tomorrow, no matter what. Get back to logging, no matter what you eat. Its up to you whether this is an understandable blip (we're all human, not superhuman) or the beginning of a slow (or not so slow) decline. Its up to YOU. You can do it, just decide youve had your week of eating crap, and its time to get back to eating healthy.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    One week doesnt ruin two years! Just commit yourself to doing the whole workout tomorrow, no matter what. Get back to logging, no matter what you eat. Its up to you whether this is an understandable blip (we're all human, not superhuman) or the beginning of a slow (or not so slow) decline. Its up to YOU. You can do it, just decide youve had your week of eating crap, and its time to get back to eating healthy.

^
    Very positive, thank you for that! I'll take this day-by-day and work hard to get back to where I was! :smile:
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Totally agree - you're human, mistakes are allowed. Two years.. wow, that's absolutely fantastic! Let it go, accept you had a glitch, and get back on the 'wagon'. No point beating yourself up about it, tomorrow is another 'new' day.
  • 46Phil
    46Phil Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me more than once. The only way to recover is to, well, recover. Start doing again (immediately) what made you successful, either a few steps at at or all in. ( I'm an "all in" person myself.) The key word is immediately--with the next meal or snack.

You can do it! You have already had success.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    You just have to draw a line, forget it and move on. If you keep beating yourself up for it you'll feel bad and probably eat more so you need to shut the door firmly on it and continue the great job you were doing before. remind yourself of that.....YOU WERE DOING A GREAT JOB!!
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A week of bad choices might mean gaining a temporary pound or two, but it doesn't do anything to detract from all that great dedication, all those brilliant choices you made and all that awesome resolve that you've had in the past! You've still *done* amazingly - this is a temporary slip up (we all have these) - and now you're ready to tap back in to that amazingly old mind set and kick some *kitten*!! You can do it :D
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It happens, don't be too upset with yourself. Now that you've realized that you've slipped up, try to start back tomorrow (don't punish yourself just go back to where you were last week as if this week never happened.) Also, it's okay to enjoy things in moderation.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Totally agree - you're human, mistakes are allowed. Two years.. wow, that's absolutely fantastic! Let it go, accept you had a glitch, and get back on the 'wagon'. No point beating yourself up about it, tomorrow is another 'new' day.
    This has happened to me more than once. The only way to recover is to, well, recover. Start doing again (immediately) what made you successful, either a few steps at at or all in. ( I'm an "all in" person myself.) The key word is immediately--with the next meal or snack.

You can do it! You have already had success.
    You just have to draw a line, forget it and move on. If you keep beating yourself up for it you'll feel bad and probably eat more so you need to shut the door firmly on it and continue the great job you were doing before. remind yourself of that.....YOU WERE DOING A GREAT JOB!!
    A week of bad choices might mean gaining a temporary pound or two, but it doesn't do anything to detract from all that great dedication, all those brilliant choices you made and all that awesome resolve that you've had in the past! You've still *done* amazingly - this is a temporary slip up (we all have these) - and now you're ready to tap back in to that amazingly old mind set and kick some *kitten*!! You can do it :D
    It happens, don't be too upset with yourself. Now that you've realized that you've slipped up, try to start back tomorrow (don't punish yourself just go back to where you were last week as if this week never happened.) Also, it's okay to enjoy things in moderation.

Wow, thank you so much guys! Your positivity has helped me more than you can imagine. I need to start NOW, and I'm looking at this situation as a small step back, but I can recover! I won't let this define me!
    :happy: