I really could do with some support please?

Options
124»

Replies

• mumofflea
    mumofflea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me.

I live in High Wycombe, but was born and lived in North Wales until 4 years ago.

Stick with it you can do this. I have just over 100 lbs to lose. :flowerforyou:
  • sdonn80
    sdonn80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I could also use some support...I've had so many attempts at weight loss only to give up before really giving it a chance for results. I am starting again and have recently started blogging about it in hopes that it will keep me motivated to follow through. My self image is really slipping away and I no longer think I am attractive. I am getting ready to turn 32 and really want to feel good about my body while I am still "young." Plus, almost every member of my maternal and paternal family has type II diabetes...not a fate I wish for. I really need the support and motivation to get a grip on my health before it is too late.
    Here is the link to my blog if you are interested:
    http://sarahsfitnessdiary.blogspot.com
    25373416.png[/url]
  • milhawk
    milhawk Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Vicky, I'm Millie and I really need support also!! I've been tracking my food and exercise for awhile now and like you have never ask for support! But I'm asking now!!!! I've lost 30lbs and have MORE to go!! Its so easy for me to say "Forget it, I'm not counting today!" Then I get back to the scale and "OH MY!!"I am 50+, I live in Chico, California, a college town where image is so important, to the young hotties anyway. I'm not trying to compete, just trying to get some of it back!!n HA HA Add me and we can help each other.
  • rgs9559
    rgs9559 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky,

I don't usally get involved with supporting others because I am really a very self motivated individual. But I have had good results and maybe I should start trying to help others where I can.

If you look at my profile on bodybuilding.comyou will see pics from when I was 248 lbs. Not pretty. I worked hard to get down to my current weight but have been stuck here for awhile. I am on my second week of Kris Geithins 12 week Transformation. I hope to lose a least 10 pounds in 12 weeks. I have lost 4 in the first 2 weeks.

Try looking around bodybuilding.com for different programs to help you. Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day, forget it and move on. I look at it like this, it took me many years to get my body fat I cant expect it to go away to quickly.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/rgs9559/ My profile should be under RGS9559

I work out at home. I have a chaulk board that I have written three words on: Determination, Focus, and Discipline. When i am tired I look or think about those three things. Using this frame of mind I just avoided birthday cake , pizza and ice cream this week.:) But I also went out to eat once and had some buffalo wings.

I am not an expert but have made some progress slowly, Stick with it!

Rick
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.
  • sdonn80
    sdonn80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You can add me. I am in the same boat. I've lost count how many times I have started and gave up. Decided to have another go at it this week. I really don't want to lose my motivation this time, especially before I see results! Support and inspiration is welcomed and I will do the same for you!
  • detroitcupcake
    detroitcupcake Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hey girlie,add me,im more then happy to help ! we are all in the same boat.the stories on this site are so inspiring and i know we all want to be part of making positive changes in our lives!
  • detroitcupcake
    detroitcupcake Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work and congratulations on your weight loss!
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    you-cant-just-give-up-is-that-what-a-dinosaur-would-do_1185.gif

You can add me, if you like. :smile:
  • Paijj
    Paijj Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been doing this actively for about 3 weeks now without friends...could have used someone to give me "virtual boot in the tush" this weekend(fell off the wagon AND didn't log :( .....damn Buffalo Wild Wings!). My first goal is 30lbs by June and to join a gym....
  • DontStopMeNow71
    Options
    Hi, think we are in the same boat. I've only just signed up. Got 60+ lbs to lose. REALLY want to do it this time. Have tried all the usual diets etc. Fingers crossed this helps. I'm in Scotland. Good luck!
  • redshaz73
    Options
    Hi Vicky

Feel free to add me as a friend. I am on here every day.
  • Carolina_Skys
    Carolina_Skys Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky! Welcome to mfp!!! Feel free to add me.
  • cmom91
    cmom91 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes. Trying to lose weight can be depressing and frustrating. Keep tracking and reframe the negative self talk to positive! You can do this! You have probably succeeded in other things in your life. How did you do that? Keep the faith!
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in, together this journey of self discovery is going to be amazing :)
  • rgs9559
    rgs9559 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky,

I know exacltyhow you feel. I initially lost 68 lbs. But I have yet to reach my goal of my boot camp weight of 169lbs. (its been over three years)I have really struggled lately and think maybe it is time for me to start asking for support too. Look at all these people came forward to help you. I think that is preety cool.

Rick
  • breugel
    Options
    I am on a 2 year 200 lbs plan. Six months In I am down 80 Lbs. Go ahaid and add me