back, new this year

Options
anna_lisa
anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
So I tried to come back at the beginning of the year but I had a health scare and my mother was sick. My mother is better and I was cleared for my health.

Feeling good and ready to come back. I have a huge family event at the end of the year and want to get back in shape for this. Would love friends.

Replies

• mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Lastly, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!

• lauren_229
    Options
    Hey Anna (or do you prefer Anna Lisa?)!

My name's Lauren, and I'm looking for some friends here, too! I was casually on mfp a couple years ago, but just started it up again yesterday (for real this time!). I'm looking to lose 15 lbs, mostly just to lose the freshman 15 and hopefully to look great going back to school in the fall!

Anyways, I'd love a buddy who's going through the same process. Feel free to check out my two-day-old blog if you're curious.
    Good luck! : )
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Glad things are going better now--welcome back!
  • Successful21
    Successful21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great advice
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome back I hope you have a great day