Hey Im new to MFP and trying to bulk

Options
2»

Replies

• jpr0530
    jpr0530 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all for some great advice. Ill stop doing p90x and insanity all together and start buying peanut butter in bulk lol I made a group, please join! I thought it would be nice to make a bulking/cutting group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7178-bulking-cutting
  • Phil350z
    Phil350z Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Gr8 thread Ive just started lifting seriously for 3 months now started off just winging it with to many isolation exercises then 4 weeks ago started doing a full body workout 3 times a week doing compound lifts
    Squats / bench press/OH press/ dead lifts / BB curls/ bent rows and calf raises . I'm trying to eat 2700 cal per day and increase the weights every 5 weeks and increase cals inline with that .So far it's going great much better routine than what I was doing b4 .My goal is to increase lean mass . Any ones welcome to add me to share tips and advice :)
  • rbrashear68
    Options
    Lot of people at my box cycle between bulking up and dropping off to get the BF% super low for their weight classes in competitions.

Food:
    - Peanut Butter. Lots and Lots of peanut butter. Were talking jars.
    - Cook with butter.
    - Glass of milk with every meal.
    - Ice cream.

Body:

- Cut out cardio. Take at least 2 minutes between sets. P90x and Insanity are not meant for bulking up. Give em to the GF.
    - Heavy weight, low reps.
    - Do NOT work out everyday. 3-4 Days a week max.
    - Complex lifts: Deadlifts, Snatches, Cleans, Overhead Squats, Push Presses and Jerks

No offense, but this is just off! WAY too much fat calories! It's best to stay with somewhere around a 40/40/20 mix on macros and just increase calories. This will allow for gains without unwanted fat. the other is just over the top!