I NEED HELP!!!

Options
Hi! I often read what other people are saying about losing weight, but i was afraid to post for help!! Now I am over that... Anyways I have been working on the night shift for 5 years and in the past I have lost 42lbs. Now I gained it all back!! I want to lose 30lbs. I used to workout after I leave work, but now I just want to go home and sleep!! I HAVE NOOO ENERGY AT ALL!!!:yawn: I love to workout and I missed it!!! What can I do for energy?

Replies

• IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Instead of working out after your shift ends could you go before? Since you work night shift I'm guessing you sleep in the day and wake up to go to work. Can you get up an hour earlier to get that burn in first? I always prefer working out in the morning before my day starts, no mater what time that is.
  • SOJohnston
    Options
    I second what IsleEsme said. I always start my day with some type of exercise, usually a 20 - 30 minute brisk walk or walk/.run. That way, no matter what happens the rest of the day I know I did something good and for myself. If I have time I do some additional exercises once I get home (jumping jacks, crunches, squats, etc.) and I usually do some strength training later in the day, just a couple of short routines. Try to start by breaking it up and just doing a little at a time, do whatever it takes to get started. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    Susan
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I always used to work out after night shift when I worked nights, i used to go swimming and found that i slept better after it :bigsmile:
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When i am home i do find myself doing (jumping jacks, crunches, squats, etc.), but i dont feel like it is enough so I am going to stop wining and get my drive and motivation back!!! Thanks guys!!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try a workout DVD? Jillian Michaels has DVDs at Walmart for less than $10.. so does Leslie Sansone. All you need to do is make the time.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I agree with working out before work. I think that will help you have more energy while you're at work too.
    There are a lot of great dvd's out there you can get for cheap at walmart and some online stores. :)

Good luck and let us know what you decide! :)
    You CAN do this.
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    I go Aqua and gym classes - there is a lady there that has been doing night shifts for eight years and she and I always make sure we turn up around 7ish xD She starts either 9pm or 2am and always goes to the classes before work - ensuring she's got her work clothes and some snacks for after. She said she tried to go after but it never worked and only found coming before any use. Hope this helps!! :)