What day do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't have an official day, really. When I'm close to reaching a milestone (like right now, I'm one pound away from 50 lost), I tend to weigh every day to see if I've reached it. Once that passes, I usually weight 3 times a week or so. I record it to MFP when it goes down, I don't sweat it if it fluctuates a little.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays since its the start of the week : )

As do I!

Means all the good days and the 'bad' days are accounted for and whatever I weigh, I weigh!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself anytime I get the urge but I am not very interested in the "number" anymore. For me it's how I feel, sort of what my body says to me not the scale. I wasn't always like that though. I weighed every ounce and sweat it if it didn't go down.

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • vidalar
    vidalar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning so I have no excuses for weekend eating.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Once a month ONLY- once a week will lead me to check more often, and even though I KNOW my weight will go up and down due to water, it still bothers me to see it.

I check on the 20th of e very month- and do measurements as well.
  • bobcooks920
    Options
    I don't keep a scale in the house, because I tend to get obsessed with the numbers. Rather, whenever I have a doctor's appointment, I weigh myself then. And my strategy has been working...
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My weigh-ins are on Mondays. Helps me to eat right and get my exercise in on the weekends.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Wednesday and Saturday mornings, but officially record my weight on Saturday. I typically have one cheat meal during the weekend.

I once tried weigh in on Mondays, but I was retaining too much water over my weekend cheat meal that it just frustrated me.
  • sissie2955
    sissie2955 Posts: 47
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it. For my knowledge and to see how my body changes. But My "Day" is Thursday. This is the day I see where I went each week.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Monday, to keep me from being bad all weekend. I have to think about what I eat and ask myself if I REALLY want to eat that before I weigh in! :)
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I only weigh occasionally- maybe once every two weeks, at most. I've had an issue with disordered eating in the past, so for me, I have to try to focus on how I'm feeling and just eating healthily/exercising well.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Fridays. It just happened that way because that's when I decided to start losing weight.

Same for me. First thing Friday mornings, and only because that happened to be the first day I weighed myself, too. I hadn't thought about how different days might affect or motivate me differently.

I keep the scale tucked away under some shelves for all but 5 minutes a week! The little monster has too much power over my state of mind. :laugh:
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's a great point. I've always weighed on Friday officially (although I weigh other days too) but do find that then I feel I have a free ride all weekend, and am right back up Monday morning. I think I may change to Sunday or Monday to keep me more on track.
  • spacechick365
    spacechick365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    weigh in on Wed afternoon after work. I see my personal trainer at that time so I consider that my "official" weight in like at a weight watcher's meeting. We also take body measurements though so that I can keep track of those. I also weight in randomly through the week just to see where I am.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily...If I don't like what I'm seeing...then I start micromanaging my food and nutrients.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do my official weigh in on Sundays, just because that is the day of the week I started logging on MFP. But I step on the scale pretty much every morning. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but I don't want to be surprised once per week.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my official weigh-in on Sundays but I sometimes hop on the scale once or twice during the week. Not that I go out much on weekends but I guess it encourages me to stay on track Friday and Saturday, then start the new week off right.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Every morning! I like to see the effect of the previous days eating/drinking/exercising. I record my weight only on Friday though, which ever number shows up the most through out the week.
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    whenever i think of it. sometimes twice a week, but usually i'll forget for three or four. but, i mean, i'm not really measuring my progress by numbers. when i started, i was 160, and the first ten pounds didn't seem to change anything at all. so i'm like "numbers stink!" and now now i don't pay attention to them. i'm just waiting for my pants to get looser, and my tshirt to lay flat over my tummy. i guess it's because i don't know what my body's frame size it, so it's hard to tell what my goal weight should be anyway.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily, first thing in the morning, but I only record on Wednesday. I use Wednesday because a couple of years ago, when I started this journey on April 1, that was a Wednesday.