Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Everyday! :bigsmile:
  • leslie_shoemaker
    leslie_shoemaker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing our weightloss journey together. I'm using MFP and he isn't but to answer your question- Sunday is our official weigh day! I weight daily but Sunday is official and that weight goes in MFP, our spreadsheet, and an app I use called Target Weight.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I only weigh when I'm pretty sure it will show a loss and my rings are loose (if they are tight I know I am retaining water).
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Some week days I'm really busy in the morning so I don't weigh myself. And since the bathroom scale is in my parents bathroom they always ask how I did, I don't mind if I lost weight but I don't like it when ive gained.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I usually aim for Mondays to help keep me from straying on the weekends. Lately I have been at a plateau so I weighed in more during the week to see if there was any change.

These are my rules for weighing in:

1- must have had a BM the day before :):embarassed:
    2- weigh in as soon as I wake up, with an empty bladder :yawn:
    3- always nude :bigsmile:
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2x a week
    Saturday (which I log) and Wednesday (which I don't log) just to keep me honest

I also take measurements once every other week on Saturday [:
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Every morning. MFP weigh-in on Saturday (unless it's bad...then Sun...or Tues) TOPS in-person weigh-in on Thursday. That's why Thursday night is donut night !:flowerforyou:
  • drussell5557
    Options
    I am an experienced dieter. I'm currently 62 years old and have struggled with my weight all of my life. Please take it from me: It's essential to weigh every day. If I get up in the morning and weigh even half a pound over my goal weight, I need to eat less that day. It prevents me from "accidentally" putting on 2 or 3 pounds before I realize it. Although I've always struggled, my weight has gradually gone down 60 pounds from a high of 196 at the age of twenty-five to a current 137. I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and lost my first 30 under the old system. I don't get the points--it definitely DOES matter what you eat, not just how many calories. The old system told you how many servings from each category to eat each day, which got me started eating a balanced diet.

Get yourself one of those expensive electronic scales (remember, you're saving by not paying for all that junk food!) that measures weight in 10ths of a pound, as well as your muscle mass, body fat %, and bone mass. The last is essential for women. It's fun to see your body fat % go down as your muscle mass goes up.

Lastly, "exercise, exercise, exercise," as my doctor said. I resisted and tried doing without it for years, but there is no substitute. Now, at 62 I feel better than I've ever felt in my life. I have tons of energy and am getting a facelift in two weeks. (When you lose weight as you get older, the skin does not go back; do it now while you're young!!)

Good luck!
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I weigh Sunday to avoid "weekend eating".
    I'm the opposite. I weigh in on Friday, then i have the whole week to straighten myself out if i have a bad weekend. Weekends are the hardest part of the week for me. Weekdays are easy as they are structured.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I weigh on the first day of each month. Except that June 2012 I did an interim weigh in around the middle of the month since my wife was out of town and I was stuck eating my own cooking. And I do measurements as well.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays, in the morning right after I've woken up and gone to the toilet :) I go through phases of weighing myself more often, sometimes daily but I always keep in mind that if you weigh yourself daily you're bound to see your weight go up and down. Sometimes this works to stop myself feeling disheartened at the number going up...but most of the time I just try and avoid doing this
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY!! First thing in the morning. After I pee. Naked. LOL!
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    I used to weigh in on Friday, but found weekend cheat days were my downfall,......now it's Mondays
  • Fatty_Melt
    Fatty_Melt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day shortly after waking up just to make sure I'm still on track. However, I only record the number I get on Wednesday morning.

I know people say that weighing yourself everyday can be discouraging, but I try not to get bummed out if the numbers don't go down. It's not enough to make me give up :smile:
  • alcorn1871
    alcorn1871 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyday, butt naked, first thing in the a.m. after I pee.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    FRIDAY:bigsmile:
  • TonyDBaum
    TonyDBaum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to ensure I dont lose focus and head in the opposite direction. I know my body will change a little daily with water weight but for the most part it also tells me when I need to work harder to burn off excess food.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wednessday, It's usualy my day off. First thing in the morning. Bathrooms then the wii for my weigh in. I don't own scales, I am worried that if they were handy I would weigh more often and obcess about the numbers.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sunday
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Once a month ONLY- once a week will lead me to check more often, and even though I KNOW my weight will go up and down due to water, it still bothers me to see it.

I check on the 20th of e very month- and do measurements as well.

I like this idea! I had decided to weigh myself bi- weekly for similar reasons. I don't want to live by the number on the scale.its more about the changes I feel than the number I read...sometimes the number can be deceiving and discouraging. Especially during PMS ! I may adopt monthly weigh in if I find my self a slave to the numbers! Then I can hide the scale in the closet till my monthly weigh day...