Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" currently 135 lbs and my goal is between 125-127
  • marcew44
    marcew44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot ( 60exact inches ..lol) can't cheat on that one........lol....ive lost 68 pounds.............i am paying it forward to everyone i come in contact with ......................you can do it...........i have 20 more to go to be at my ideal weight :) struggling with my last 20 but kicking it in gear......:)
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    I am your height and started out at 132lbs. I found that walking fast for an hour helped me to slim down. I also lift weights 2-4 times a week and that has helped me too. I am now 116 and quite pleased. Best wishes to you!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". My current weight is 132. I started mfp a few months ago at 154. I am really hoping to lose 7 more pounds and tone up, especially the tummy area.

We have the same stats and goal! Amazing!
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and almost 19 years old and want to lose 8 to 10 pounds and most of all tone up..
    Add me if u like :))
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    5 3 here, sw 179 cw 138 13lbs to go!
    goal weight 125
    lowest gw 120
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2 in. and currently weigh in at 135 lbs... I started here weighing in close to 170 lbs.. eek! I would like to go as low as 130 but no more than that.. I still have belly fat to lose but I'm hoping that with strength training I will build enough muscle to keep a weight of 130-133 with minimal tummy fat.. I have come along way and will keep working at it...
  • MercGem
    MercGem Posts: 7
    Options
    Amen! Thank you! Most of the comments I saw absolutely floored me. Most of you that have pictures, you're slim and beautiful and what I wouldn't give to be 115 lbs... shoot even 125 lbs!!! I'm 5' 2.5" and working hard on losing 30 lbs coming from 160. At my thinnest I was 118 lbs and looked anorexic. Toning is one thing, but I don't understand if you're weighing, let's say, 115 and wanting to lose 8 more lbs...my question is always,WHY??? My next question is... WHERE, in your little toe? All I'm trying to say is that if you're still looking in the mirror and thinking something is wrong with you physically then maybe your self image is skewed somehow. Being healthy means not just physically but mentally and emotionally. And when one is out of balance, the rest tend to follow. Learning to eat healthy and exercise yearly on is one key to staying healthy through your adult years. I can say that to be truth because the older you get ladies, children or not, the older you get the harder it gets to loose weight. See the beauty inside yourself is a good place to start.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 2 (48yrs old) and went from the 130's most of my adult life to 108-110lbs these past few months.
    I did it by going primal-google the primal blueprint. It encourages you to eat healthy carbs and keep it under 100grams /day. I also learned to eat more protein which is found in meat, eggs, fish, nuts, cheeses. I drink a protien drink or make a protein shake after my workouts.
    I used to eat fruit all day long, now I'm careful and 1-2 servings/day is enough b/c of the sugar and of course i try to eat more veggies.
    I've always worked out 3-5x's a week doing a variety of gym classes so I didn't change my workouts. I wish I had a 6 pack ab, but I don't. However, my arms/shoulders look so much better and the muscles in my (tiny) legs are popping out. I'm still shaped like an apple but now I wear a 2-4 on top and a 0-2 on bottom.

I encourage everyone to keep the carbs and protein around 100 grams a day- I'm so happy with my results.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13 (even eat right and exercise!)
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am almost 38 years old .........5' 3.5" and usually like to maintain at 120. Feel free to add me.

I started with only 10-15lbs to lose and have been maintaining for awhile now
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am almost 38 years old .........5' 3.5" and usually like to maintain at 120. Feel free to add me.

I'm 5'3 125 and I don't look anywhere close to how good you look! :( your pic looks like about 110 - you suck!

I'm just jealous. ;)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, currently 133lbs
    My goal isn't so much a weight (though i'd be thrilled to see 120 on the scale again lol), i'm more trying to lose inches, so if that results in weight loss great, if not, that's ok too, I really just want for this belly and back fat that I seem to have developed to be gone, and i'd love it if my thighs didn't chafe anymore (that was a new experience for me this summer.)
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and just under 5'3", started out at 142 with my first goal being 125 (weight listed on my driver's license). It's been since my early 20's since I was at that weight and I thought it would be difficult to get there. Well, with the help of MFP it was easier than I thought so once I met that goal, I decided to try to get to 115. I thought that would get me close to the 18% BF I'd like to be, however I'm still around 20% even down that much weight. Not sure I want to lose any more weight but want to work on toning up more. I'm been going to the gym for almost a year now, weight lifting and cardio work mostly, and it's helped make me be more "solid" than flabby : ) Now working on trying to figure out my maintenance calories and losing the extra couple pounds I gained back trying to figure it out!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    5'3.5 ish
    SW: 186
    CW:108ish
    Goal: maintenance! :D
  • Annetinkerbell
    Annetinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and started out at 136lbs post pregnancy. I got down to 122lbs but have been creeping back up to 125lb and hoping to gt back on track and find more time for exercise. I used to walk loads but no have to walk at my daughters pace. I have stated running recently though and completed my first 10k today. I need to do more strength training but am not sure where to start. I would like to look slim and strong and be fit. Some of the goal weights here seem really low so I don't know what my goal should be. I have a pretty muscular frame so perhaps I would aim for being fit and healthy rather than a number on the scale. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    5'2
    SW: 165lbs oops :(
    CW: 138lbs
    GW: 110 maybe lower =/
  • jesuskroeger
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" and used to be a bit overweight for my height . I never exercised at all and I ate junk food all the time. About 2 years ago, I had enough and cut out the junk food and went on the treadmill every day for half an hour. I ended up losing a lot of weight from doing that and dropped down to 102 lbs. This past year though, I had gotten a bit lazy and very busy with my schoolwork. I had gained most of the weight back, but slowly and not just from eating potato chips all the time. This summer I have been going on walks and bike rides, and have lost about 6 lbs. so far. I have band camp coming up very soon, and that will be a lot of work too. But once the school year starts back up again, I'm going to go back into forming the habit of working out for a little bit after dinner, and then start hitting the books.
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5' and weighing in at 120 from 132. My goal is to lose another 3-5 lbs while toning up. When I reach the weight goal, I'll shift the focus to toning up. I'll be happy as long as my weight is somewhere between 110-118.

Please feel free to add me. It's the support from MFP that has helped keep me focused and on the right track. :flowerforyou:
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that was so sweet to say. The older you get the harder you have to work at it :((

I'm 5'3 125 and I don't look anywhere close to how good you look! :( your pic looks like about 110 - you suck!

I'm just jealous. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!