Birthday meal advice..

Options
Next week it's my birthday and I *will* be having one meal of whatever I want. :P

I just don't know what to do about the rest of the day. I'm doing insanity and usually have 5 meals of around 200-300 cals per day plus a protein shake or smoothie before I work out. I don't know whether to stick to my calorie goal religiously even if that means hardly eating the rest of the day or eat smaller meals at regular intervals as usual and never mind if I go over. Or will it not matter for one day?

Hope someone can offer some advice!

Replies

• Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    They recommend one day of treating yourself. It's good metabolically and psychologically.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was my birthday and I worked out extra to be able to fit my birthday dinner and dessert in my calorie goal. I really wouldn't have minded if I went over, after all it was my birthday and sometimes you just got to live and have fun. However, it did feel good that I was able to stay under calorie goal. Hope you have a happy birthday! =)
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was my birthday and I worked out extra to be able to fit my birthday dinner and dessert in my calorie goal. I really wouldn't have minded if I went over, after all it was my birthday and sometimes you just got to live and have fun. However, it did feel good that I was able to stay under calorie goal. Hope you have a happy birthday! =)

Happy birthday to you too!

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm gonna eat what I want tbh, it's my birthday! Did an extra two workouts today and step up to level two in Insanity next week so will be working out harder anyway. Now just gotta decide what to eat....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday. It happens once a year. Do whatever you want to do. One day of eating whatever you want in whatever portions you want will not cause you to gain weight. Enjoy yourself.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    won't matter for one day. enjoy it!
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on Thursday and I will be eating whatever I want! Calorie counting will not take place. <3 Just making sure I work out every day next week.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    My only advice is not to weight yourself for a couple of days after a splurge, especially if it is restaurant food. The high levels of sodium will cause a temporary weight gain.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    Happy birthday! Hope you have great time.

I went out for my anniversary a few weeks ago and had an awesome dinner, but I worked for it. I knew I would be eating more than my normal calories, so I spent extra time at the gym. I ordered all my favorites, but I couldn't eat it all like I used to. I had soup, salad and the meal, but I ended up taking a good bit of it home. The whole "dining-out" experience wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I had my birthday last week and had a complete cheat day. (my first) Got smashed too. It didn't affect me much thankfully weight wise, but it only comes once a year.
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    My birthday is on Thursday and I will be eating whatever I want! Calorie counting will not take place. <3 Just making sure I work out every day next week.

Mine's wednesday. Happy birthday!
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    I had my birthday last week and had a complete cheat day. (my first) Got smashed too. It didn't affect me much thankfully weight wise, but it only comes once a year.

That's my plan too!

Happy birthday!