I need your help :D

Options
My name is Erika and in the past five years since graduating school i have been very lazy. i went from 120 to 145... id like to get back in shape and stay that way but i am finding a lack of motivation... the couch is to comfy... but im always tired and feel icky... i work third shift 10:30pm to 6:30am and find my self eating out more than i should... my sleep schedule an eating schedule are so confusing on a third shift life and im trying to find the healthiest living style... it would also be nice to find some one to run/exercise with in my area that is supportive and has a lot of knowledge in the fitness realm. I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Replies

• princessbowie89
    Options
    Hi Erika!

I use to work a crazy, weird schedule too. i worked from 2am-10am, 5/6 days a week. At first it was diffcult to find the energy to workout; but i knew i had to make it a habit. everyday, i after work, i would go straight to the gym. because i knew if i went home, i would get too lazy and tired to workout. So, i know its hard, but you gotta just make working out a part of your everyday routine. Eating healthy is very important also. If you eat right and exercise, you will have energy! yes, you have a weird schedule; but you just gotta make it work for you. i have 10lbs to lose before october ( im getting married). i am always looking for motivation and support as well! we can do this! start making small changes, and make eating healthy and exercising part of your lifestyle. feel free to add me as a friend. we are not meant to do this alone :) Brittney
  • elektra89
    elektra89 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you and congratulations : D i just need a good sleep workout schedule and after doing research they say there are certain times you should eat but how can i eat properly if i'm sleeping during the day?
  • AimeeZingLife
    AimeeZingLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Girl I totally feel you! Last year I was working nights, 12 hour shifts. When I'd get off in the morning I felt like a walking zombie with no energy to workout. The night shift had me so messed up that I had no energy even on my days off. It was no life to live. The one thing you should be sure to do is take Vitamin D. People who work night shift, often if not usually are Vitamin D deficient. Take over the counter supplement, 1000-2000 IU should be enough, but don't get so excited about having more energy after taking them and take more. I know someone who did this once, but Vitamin D is fat soluble so it can become toxic. I'm a RN if you are asking yourself why I know so much. If you go to the doctor's office have them check it. I suspected I was low and I was correct. I may not live in your area, but I am starting new challenge groups, which provides support and motivation for a small group of up to 5 women on a private Facebook group. I don't know, can we make private MyFitnessPal groups? People who do these challenges are 3x more successful then those who don't have the support. Think about it, and let me know if you are ever interested.
  • princessbowie89
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the time you should eat. Since you don't work normal hours, like most people do, you have to eat at times that are normal for you. Trust me, I Thought the same thing; but you don't have a normal Schedule. I ate/eat every 2-3 hours and didn't/don't eat a couple hours before bed. I was thinner than I am now, when I worked those crazy hours!