need to buy a blender

Options

Replies

• tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Magic Bullet online and have had it for a little over a month now. It's great for smoothies, salsa, soup, grating, etc. And it really doesn't take up much space. Everything is dishwasher safe, and has an easy clean up :)
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    BlendTech or Vitamix!
    I plan to buy a Vitamix from QVC the next time they have easy pay. Love the easy pay because I can get the better quality items without having the money up front all at once. I've also not had any problems with their customer service.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I got a Ninja earlier this year and love it!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I got a Ninja for Christmas. It's great!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I got the montel williams blender, blends my pina coladas with ice as fast as my spinach smoothies, no complaints
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH :love: NINJA!!!! hands down omg its AMAZINGGG and we even have the single servers so u literally throw in fruit/veggies whatever and blend and switch the lid and go...so easy and cool
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm diggin' my ninja.

I love my Ninja, too!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It pretty much depends on what you want it for. But my favorite is an Oster. The only bad thing about it is it's not great at crushing ice. It does it but not well and you need to buy special blades. Or, you should. I also have a Cuisinart duet, a combination blender and food processor. It's better with ice. Not perfect but better. The jar doesn't have a measurement for one cup, which is bad. The food processor is good. I think I paid about $100 for each of them.

A really superior one will cost $300 to $400. I use both of mine daily and they wear well.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I got a Blendtec in early June when I started this journey toward better health. It was expensive but I liked the warranty and the fact I could pay in three installments. I really wish I had gotten it sooner. I've made smoothies almost every day, hummus, soups, lemonade ices, roasted chick pea butter, and other things as well. I also like how easy it is to clean. A cup of hot water and a drop of dish soap, pulse for five seconds and rinse. Love this machine.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    the best blender i have ever gotten is the $14.00 hamilton beach smoothie maker from walmart. Ive paid tons of money for blenders, and this was absolutly the best one ever!!
  • notRapunsel
    Options
    Get a vitamix or blendtec. They're expensive, but bulletproof, shatterproof, automatically turn off when the blades get too hot, and blend anything from whole frozen foods to even 2x4s in some demonstrations! :) They can make smoothies, sauces, natural peanut butter, healthy ice cream, and even hot soups right in the blender. I just got a vitamix and wish I had one sooner - it's definitely worth it all the way!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I saw Ninja's at Walmart the other day; but didn't pick one up. I think it was around $30.

Target has them for $19.99 I love mine!! Mine's red. :heart:
    http://www.target.com/p/shark-ninja-express-chop-gray/-/A-13742354
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MAGIC BULLET.

Especially the "deluxe" kit with all the extra cups, because you'll use them.

I use mine 2-3 times a day.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have the Oster Classic Behive....I've have it for years, probably 10 or so. Just bought a replacement gasket for a $1 because it was leaking.

I have the glass jar & stainless steel jar.

Originally, it was a gift so that I could make frozen mudslides and margaritas....now I mostly make healthy smoothies. My, how times have changed!!!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ninja :-)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Totally depends what you want it for but a general blender that's been around for ages will do everything the magic bullet does right in mason jars, which some of them are still designed to fit upon. Mason jars having the standard lid size other than the wide-mouth variety can vary from 250mL for spices to ... well large...biggest i have currently hold 1L I think. I use 500mL jars for smoothies all the time and find it more convenient even than the bullet as it lets me skip the plastic.

Just take the ring from a jar and try to mount it where the blades go on their display model. If that spins on there the blades will attach to the mason jar too.
  • MarkFeagins
    Options
    I make my own V8 juice and my VitaMix chews up whole vegetables and you lose nothing. The bonus is, your home veggie juice doesn't have all the sodium as juice at the store. I add my Body by Vi Challenge SHAPE mix and I got protein and veggies in a glass. I think the Ninja does the same thing .... a few hundred dollars cheaper.
  • MarkFeagins
    Options
    For real ???? Wal-Mart sells Ninja Blenders with all the attachments and extra blades???
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BlendTech or Vitamix!

If you have the money to spend, a vitamix is the way to go.

We have a Magic Bullet and love it though. I only use it for small stuff and it's easy to store and easy to clean.

Vitamix all the way. Don't waste your money on anything else. Once you get one you will know why.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ninja!!