From fat to fit-ish: The difference 1 year can make

Options

Replies

• pharmmom64
    pharmmom64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great inspiration. I am 5 ft, 1 and started out over 200 lbs. Trying to do the same with eating right and exercising. Hope I have determination to get the results you have seen. You look awesome!!!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing. Thanks for posting. I'm 5'4.5 and I started at 230lbs. I'm currently 50lbs down but its hard to imagine what I will look like at my goal weight. I can picture it a bit better after seeing ur pics.

If u don't mind me asking, did u always have great legs or did u find as u got smaller, so did ur legs? My legs are one of my problem areas and 50lbs hasn't made that much difference. Was just wondering if yours had changed much after your brilliant loss.

I owe my legs to the walking on the treadmill, believe it or not. They are definitely way smaller than they were and are the most toned/muscular part of my body. I only switched to running about a month ago, but before that, I would power walk on the treadmill for an hour at a speed of 3.3mph and the incline jacked up to 12%. People tend to poo-poo walking, but I was able to built up my fitness so much that when I switched to running, there was no transition period at all - I was able to run the whole 5km (without stopping/walking) right from the very first run.
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    You are quite an inspiration! Fantastic job.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE DONE GREAT! and you look AMAZING!! Good job!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    awesome! i have similar goals, i am 2 inches shorter than you and started my lifestyle change just a hair under 200lbs.
    Great job!!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • pinkobsession
    pinkobsession Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You should be proud of yourself!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great job. Since you were athletic before adopting the more sedentary lifestyle, you know the importance of fitness. Rather than focusing on the scale at this point, I would recommend really going after the resistance training (as well as the running which is a great aerobic activity)... Get that body fat % down by increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat... This I say as a recommendation of where to go from here... But as I have said, you have done a great job so far and look fabulous... Just look forward to seeing you take it up a notch and really knocking it out of the park... Great job. Keep it up!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing. Thanks for posting. I'm 5'4.5 and I started at 230lbs. I'm currently 50lbs down but its hard to imagine what I will look like at my goal weight. I can picture it a bit better after seeing ur pics.

If u don't mind me asking, did u always have great legs or did u find as u got smaller, so did ur legs? My legs are one of my problem areas and 50lbs hasn't made that much difference. Was just wondering if yours had changed much after your brilliant loss.

I owe my legs to the walking on the treadmill, believe it or not. They are definitely way smaller than they were and are the most toned/muscular part of my body. I only switched to running about a month ago, but before that, I would power walk on the treadmill for an hour at a speed of 3.3mph and the incline jacked up to 12%. People tend to poo-poo walking, but I was able to built up my fitness so much that when I switched to running, there was no transition period at all - I was able to run the whole 5km (without stopping/walking) right from the very first run.

Thanks for the response. I started c25k but stalled around week 7. I've been running myself and can run about 2 miles without stopping, though today I tried the treadmill and ran for 31 mins without stopping. I do plenty of walking with my hubbie but not hills so much, I'm gonna start incorporating that now.
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look terrific. You deserve a round of applause. Great job.
  • sblaise1272
    sblaise1272 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for posting, very motivating!
  • bluebike2013
    bluebike2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome. you look great. such perserverance..
  • TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! You look fabulous! Congrats!
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - congratulations! I am only 5'2" - I have lost about 16 pounds so far and am currently at 200 lbs. so right about where you started - - your story gives me hope. Thanks for sharing!
  • SaxophoneNerd
    SaxophoneNerd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • cheyenuff
    cheyenuff Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!