Start May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• here_to_lose
    Options
    I am in. My birthday is June 2nd. I would like to lose 50lbs. by then. That gives me a little more than 5.5 months.
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    First week was good! Yay for me. Tomorrow is my weigh in. Crossing my fingers for something. I got a scale at home but I don't trust it. Depending on where I have it on the floor I will get a different reading. I will just keep using the one at the gym. I would hope that at least that one would be accurate.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I did really well last week. Down 2.6 pounds total! And lost 1.5 inches. So I'm not complaining. :bigsmile:

Hoping to do just as well this week! Would LOVE to be down a total of 10 pounds by my birthday (New Year's Day). I think that's a realistic goal.... I'm already down 6.4 pounds. It would mean I'd have to lose 3.6 pounds between now and then- which is doable.

I'm also happy to report I've finally reached a 'healthy' BMI (no longer overweight! Yes!) and am comfortably wearing a size 8 pants (no more double digits!).
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    Woo Hoo! You Rock! I can't wait to be down to a single digit. I messed up yesterday and didn't eat to well. My weigh in today probably won't be so hot. Shame on me.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! You Rock! I can't wait to be down to a single digit. I messed up yesterday and didn't eat to well. My weigh in today probably won't be so hot. Shame on me.

Thanks! :blushing:

It's all good we all slip up now and again, no need to beat yourself up! I know that you'll do better and be in those single-digit pants in no time!
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    I am so excited. I lost my first three pounds!!! Kicking my own butt the week my son is at his fathers must have paid off. What a motivater to keep eating better! That is my down fall. I don't over eat but boy do I love sweets and McDonalds.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound since last week - and I guess thats good considering I only made it to the gym once cause I had a really hectic schedule. Hopefully next week I'll be down more!
  • angelnik03
    Options
    May babies are the best! My birthday is May 4 and I have about 20lbs to lose. I plan on having it done the for the weekend before because I want to be struttin' my stuff on the beach in Miami! :bigsmile:

I've lost 10lbs in 5 weeks so hopefully the last 20 will melt off. Game on!
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    Tonight is my step class at the gym. I think I will put another riser under it tonight. Trying to burn more calories. Hopefully I won't fall over and die. :ohwell:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I finally saw a change again on the scale! Woohoo! I've been stuck for 3 or 4 weeks, but when I weighed in yesterday I was down just over a pound and a half!!!:bigsmile:
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    I think I will take all three classes tonight to burn calories from the weekend. Was snowed in all day Saturday and dug out yesterday. Ok, So I watched my boyfriend dig while I got the car out. :laugh: 22 inches of snow in Glen Burnie, MD...beautiful until I had to come to work today.
  • rachsam1970
    Options
    Okay, havent logged or weighed in since the begining of December. I crammed in a few works out but had not been watching the calories. It's the holidy season for cry eye! Anyhooo - got on the scale on January 1st and I'm down 2 lbs! I have no idea how that's possible but I'll take it! So here I am, starting 2010 with only 28 lbs. until I reach my goal. Can't wait to get busy!
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    I would love to join you! I need to lose 20 lbs and would love to do it by May and that way I can get in a swimsuit for the summer! My 2 and 3 year old love the water!
  • angelnik03
    Options
    Are we going to have designated weigh in dates/times?
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    How about we make Tuesday a check in day! I am a huge fan of the biggest loser and they come on Tuesdays. That show keeps me motivated. That, and I also just back to the gym last night. I was sooooo bad during the holidays and didn't go to the gym and ate cookies and chips with dip. My weakness. So, I am probably starting back at square one.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    How about we make Tuesday a check in day! I am a huge fan of the biggest loser and they come on Tuesdays. That show keeps me motivated. That, and I also just back to the gym last night. I was sooooo bad during the holidays and didn't go to the gym and ate cookies and chips with dip. My weakness. So, I am probably starting back at square one.

Tuesdays sound good! We can start next week, and you're right, it's huge motivation knowing that BL is coming on that night!
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    Went to they gym last night again! Yea me! I was a wopping 500 calories under and I didn't even feel hungary. I think I finally figured out what kind of foods to eat. Pastachio's help keep me feeling full with only a hand full. I need to figure out a way to drink more water. I only have about 40 oz of water. It is just so boring and I am not that thirsty.

I am going to the gym again tonight to take two classes. I need to take a pain killer before hand. My muscles HURT!!!
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    Nobody is posting!!!! I hope everyone is staying on track. Remember this is for YOU. It is about time we ladies put ourselves first. Went to the gym last night and going again tonight for the spin class. I am feeling so motivated. Yea me!! How are you all doing out there???
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been doing horribly. I gained 2 pounds over the holidays, and haven't been able to do anything but yoyo them. I've been feeling pretty stressed out right now, and the first thing I do when I start to feel upset is go straight to the cupboard :( I think I need to change the thing in my profile from active to sedentary, and that should help me stay in my calories better. I seem to go over every day, but don't go too far before my brain kicks in and reins me in, but if I'm going to keep that up, I need my calories to say that I need less. Anyway, I'm just kind of caught in a funk, and trying to positively think my way out of it. There, you asked for it, I posted, lol. ;)
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ever since new years I have been busting my @$$ to get back in shape. I have been to the gym every day but today (day 6 is an off day for homework and chores) and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I know alot is water weight, and I cant tell a difference, but still. At this rate I will be at my goal in May as planned!!!!!