If you like metal, YOU'RE MY FRIEND!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I listen to pretty much everything, except Rap and Country, but i do like me some Metal.

My workout playlist is:

Disposable Heroes - Metallica
    Trippin' - Godsmack
    Indians - Anthrax
    Holy Wars (Punishment Due) - Megadeth
    Mouth For War - Pantera
    The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
    Aces High - Iron Maiden
    Freewheel Burning - Judas Priest
    Crying In The Rain - Whitesnake

You get the picture..............
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    HEELLLLZZZ YEAAAH! METAL HEADS ♥!
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    I absolutely love METAL!!! My favorite bands are Disturbed, Godsmack, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest,

I just really don't care for the screaming Death Metal where I can't understand a word coming out of the singer's mouth.

Feel free to add me!!!

Sound like some awesome bands... I used to feel the same, then one day, I could suddenly understand them. 0_o

me three! the harder the better... i will always love the classics (Maiden, Megadeth), but trying now to learn the likes of Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse ...try some of that stuff after you've gotten through Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying (my total fave), maybe Slipknot.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Domination by Pantera is awesome for lifting. Makes me go a little too fast though.
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Overkill or Kreator yet?! Thrash 'til death!

Warbringer, Exodus, Testament, Priest, Metallica (pre-Black Album), Anthrax, Municipal Waste, Megadeth...

Also a fan of Amon Amarth, and obviously Manowar

WIMPS AND POSERS LEAVE THE HALL!

The Volbeat song "7 Shots" features Mille Petrozza from Kreator & also Micheal Denner from Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond, kickass song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JS6Gq8smR0
  • dougt333
    Options
    I'm trying to gain more of an appreciation. I like Metallica, they're accessible, and I spent a couple of years with my brother constantly practicing his guitar in the next room, to his Metallica collection. A friend introduced me to Korpiklaani (Finnish Folk Metal), who I also like (Vodka!). It's gotten better over time, but I'm not into every band I come across. I still like more melodic stuff, so hardcore, constant growling and screaming is a bit unnerving to me. I try to keep an open mind, because my older brother is a lead guitarist in a pretty popular regional metal band (called Tribune. Pimpin' my bro's band's full new album, streamed here: http://nefariousrealm.com/homenew/?p=4056 . I love "Man On The Outside").

...and now, I am off to check out Volbeat, thanks to cruiser3004! I love the Scandinavians and their music. Maybe it's my viking blood, I dunno.

If you like Metallica, you'd love Megadeath
  • dougt333
    Options
    Check this out. a list of things that can reduce pain (including music)

http://www.cracked.com/article_18882_6-random-things-other-than-drugs-that-reduce-pain.html
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My favourite's glam/hair metal! Feel free to add me and throw some band suggestions around, I need some new music (:
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    BLACK LABEL SOCIETY!!!!!!! Saw them at Download! WERE AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Volbeat's Warriors Call..... yeahhhh!!!
  • skinnnyfat123
    Options
    Fan here of Machine head, Paradise Lost, Sepultura, Pantera Carcass, Sabbath Therapy etc.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think we'd get on well :smile: , love metal favourite way to get rid of my anger and pour it into a work out xx
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I had this poster in my room back in the day.....

Iron+Maiden+-+Number+Of+The+Beast.jpg
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ooooh me!...ME!!!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    SOAD
  • cowbutt6
    cowbutt6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been into metal for some 24 years now, starting with Maiden, Anthrax, Metallica, moving onto many of the bands on Noise International (Sabbat, Helloween, Kreator), local band Onslaught, Skyclad, Xentrix, then onto Earache (Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Entombed) and Peaceville (My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Anathema, Dominion, At the Gates), early Cradle of Filth (who were a local band supporting Xentrix when I first saw them) and most recently Akercocke, Opeth, Therion, The Gathering and Within Temptation.
  • dougt333
    Options
    It always starts with Iron Maiden or Metallica doesn't it. Their sort of like that first drug sample that keeps you coming for more.