Need some motivational buddies

Options
Hi I'm new to this site, I originally had the app on my mobile phone and loving it but getting a little frustrated as I'm sticking to my calorie limits but seem to lose and then gain , I exercise daily too but seem stuck, I can tell I am slimming down from my clothes but when weighing myself I seem to go back and forth. Would love to get some motivation and tips from others and we can spur each other on. My goal is 56 lbs.

Replies

• Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

We all have fluctuations in weight - it's usually due to water retention, so don't let it get you down. I keep an eye on the inches lost which always makes me feel better. I'm on here everyday and would love to give/receive motivation. I'll send a friend request.

All the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love the site and app and use both daily, you can add me
  • SekhHydra
    SekhHydra Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hey hun, motivation is always needed...wel i do ne ways so motivation buddies is good, add me if u want :)
    im maz
    x
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    hello am new here :laugh: today is my first day! need help feel free to add me :heart: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • jamime
    jamime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Buy a measuring tape if you dont already have one. That way when you notice your weight not changing as much - you can look at your measurements and see that you are losing fat - just gaining muscle. Soon you will see the lbs melting off. Just keep at it :)
  • cartmail
    cartmail Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Inches are as good as pounds :) I'm always happy to attempt to motivate. Add me if u like. (my diary is open too)
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Losing Inches is as good or better than losing pounds. But I know it can be frustrating when you feel you're giving it your all and the scale doesn't reflect that. Taking your measurements will help you know exactly how far you've come. Great motivator. Add me if you'd like. You can never have enough support! Good luck : )
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was a month into p90x and no weight loss. I didn't count cals but I could feel firmed arms, legs and tummy though. Came back to MFP to log cals and lost 1.5 lbs so far.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hello am new here :laugh: today is my first day! need help feel free to add me :heart: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

Love your quote! Amen
  • Jscanland
    Jscanland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We,sound very much alike. I got a metabolism test, 9% under normal, but thyroid was good. So I have gone serious... training for an irongirl...cancelled basically everything but husband, work and bible study. Gained first..muscle, yesterday,finaly saw the scale drop....swim stairs bike
    but not too hard don't want to hurt myself. But i think shaking it up, confusing
    your body with activity u have never DONE! WE HAVE ABOUT THE SAME WEIGHT GOAL!
    :smooched:
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. We all can use some motivation! I'm 26 and trying to lose about 30 pounds.
  • d1n13b
    d1n13b Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site, I originally had the app on my mobile phone and loving it but getting a little frustrated as I'm sticking to my calorie limits but seem to lose and then gain , I exercise daily too but seem stuck, I can tell I am slimming down from my clothes but when weighing myself I seem to go back and forth. Would love to get some motivation and tips from others and we can spur each other on..