Healthy? extremely low cal. help?

so I've been trying to make it healthier food choices while not starving myself. I made a sandwich that has a lot of stuff to it and fills me up but it doesn't have a lot of calories. it contains 1 slice of sargento, provolone cheese and 2 slices of deli fresh oven roasted turkey, 2 slices sara lee 45delightful multigrain bread, 1 tablespoon kraft fat free mayo, and 1 slice vlasic kosher pickle stackers. in the end the numbers come out to 195 Cals , 6 grams of fat, and 838 sodium. when I'm done eating this with a glass of water I don't feel hungry. but even with a side of watermelon or fruit that's e.xtremely low calories. so is this in the end not healthy for me if I'm having meals that are like this throughout the day?

Replies

• Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    It's healthy, you should just be eating more often maybe to get enough calories. How many calories are you netting per day?
  • well that's hard. bedore working out I'm. nerting 500 to 700 max. after working out I'm netting. something in the 300's. but i dont feel hungry and eating more feels like I'm stuffing myself.
  • Krebeccaa
    Krebeccaa Posts: 7
    I've noticed on here that sometimes the wrong calorie amount, protein, etc have been entered incorrectly by whoever posted them. So that's something to think about because 195 calories for the cheese alone doesn't sound right. I would check the back of the packages and make sure that those numbers are correct. :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Go for full fat, not low fat or fat free. It is healthier.

Add raw vegetables, fruit, etc.

It has nothing to do with the quantity of the calories you eat, but rather the quality is what is most important.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Go for full fat, not low fat or fat free. It is healthier.

Add raw vegetables, fruit, etc.

It has nothing to do with the quantity of the calories you eat, but rather the quality is what is most important.

^^ This. If you check most of the fat free or low fat they are higher in sodium or sugar. The full fat are for the most part "better" for you. Don't be afraid of fat. Dietary fat does not make you fat. Just as dietary cholesterol does not up your cholesterol.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    well that's hard. bedore working out I'm. nerting 500 to 700 max. after working out I'm netting. something in the 300's. but i dont feel hungry and eating more feels like I'm stuffing myself.

Soooo...Why are you trying to starve yourself? For a grown man to not feel hungry at 300 net calories, something is seriously wrong....
    Please get help, and I don't mean from a lot of strangers on MFP.....
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    well that's hard. bedore working out I'm. nerting 500 to 700 max. after working out I'm netting. something in the 300's. but i dont feel hungry and eating more feels like I'm stuffing myself.

Soooo...Why are you trying to starve yourself? For a grown man to not feel hungry at 300 net calories, something is seriously wrong....
    Please get help, and I don't mean from a lot of strangers on MFP.....
    ^^^Gotta second that.. Please go see your physician or nutritionist ASAP