Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If its truly skin you can pinch it and its not going to be any thicker than when you pinch the skin on the back of your hand(not the palm side). In that case more fat burning cardio is in order and time. Its more than likely a mixture of loose fat and extra skin. Keep at it and give your body time to relax back. This is all stuff I've heard along with water water water and that skin brushing. It feels weird but leaves your skin soooooo soft.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of research on this and this is what I've gotten so far:

1. Drink LOTS of water. I'd say at least 9 glasses a day. Hydrated skin is healthy skin and it will tighten up.

2. Increase cardio. A lot of sagging skin is really just fat.

3. Daily brushing (with a boar's hair brush preferably) increases circulation and will help the skin rebound.

4. Massaging does the same.

5. Biotin, collagen, and ALA are supposed to be good supplements to take.

6. Time and SLOWLY losing weight.

7. And of course, weight training, to fill out what the skin sags over.

Thanks for this post...gives me some direction on my information search :)
  • sharonlee77
    Options
    I got one of those body firmers (looks like panties but comes up to the bottom of your bra), and yes, it is hot, especially in the summer, but if you wear it while you work out, it seems to help keep everything tighter even when you are not working out. Don't know if it's a permanent solution to the loose skin, but seems to have helped mine. Also hides love handles from the back when you wear tight clothing. An added advantage, it makes you look like you have lost another 10 lbs. at least. I also have heard the best exercise in the world for abs is simply holding them in -- all the time.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    For those interested in skin brushing, this article is brilliant. I've been doing it for a few weeks and I've definitely noticed a difference.

http://www.celluliteinvestigation.com/2010/07/how-to-dry-brush-cellulite.html
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Rebounding. aka mini trampoline. This really works. Please research it. My skin is tight going from 250 to 204 with no loose skin at all. I also do skin brushing before showering- perhaps that helps as well.

Whats skin brushing?

You can get skin brushes at most health food stores. As with most things Youtube will fill you in. Basically skin brushing helps remove dead skin and also stimulates the lymphatic system and circulation. It is an aid to helping your body move the impurities toxins out of your body. It also exercises your skin which is why it helps for tightening.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    haha, funny to see this... I have noticed it too...........and there is nothing that you can do. Kindof like trying to lose weight from one area... the body pics :) My doc did say that time will help, and it is about 2 years... Yikes I know.
  • Halfangel
    Halfangel Posts: 49
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks for this post...gives me some direction on my information search :)
    [/quote]

Oh, any time! It's a major concern of mine as well. We'll beat this :D
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump