How vegans get their proteins

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
I'm not vegan but found this table on good ol' facebook and thought it might be useful to some of the folks here.

580793_392908650775600_793329719_n.jpg

Replies

• chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Bump :)
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great bit of info, for vegans and omnivores alike! Thanks taunto :-)
  • taunto
    Options
    bump
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Cool chart, I just posted it to my tumblr.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan but found this table on good ol' facebook and thought it might be useful to some of the folks here.

Where are these numbers coming from? They aren't adding up.
  • marilynsuarez
    Options

Where are these numbers coming from? They aren't adding up.

I'm lost as well to how they got these numbers. This list would be awesome if they had serving sizes and actual protein g amounts.
  • taunto
    Options
    Like mentioned, found this on Facebook and I posted as is (figuring this would come in handy for some folks)

From what I can read this isn't supposed to add up to 100, this is simply a chart to show what % of the vegan population uses certain vegan products for protein intake. Like 49% of the vegans eat spinach, 45% eat kale etc etc.

Hope that helped clarify it

And yes, it would be awesome if they had serving size and protein amount based on some measurement

Either way, the chart provides good sources of protein and since I see questions for vegans pop up here all the time asking for good sources of protein, I think they can get some ideas from this at the very least
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It shows the percentage of protein that makes up the vegetable. For example, a cucumber is made up of 24% protein.
  • taunto
    Options
    and one last bump before I let this one die