only a week off but motivation has gone entirely!

Options
so i went on holiday last week for 7 days and knew straight away that I was not gonna worry about food - and thus I ate like an absolute pig. Somedays ( though I didnt track it ) I know I easily went over 4000 calories a day.
Well now I am back home I want to get back into the amazing spirit and motivation that I had only a week and a half ago. Even just having a week off has made me feel lazy, want to eat all the time and I find myself struggling.
I know I can do it - ive lost so much! and i need to carry on, because ive put back on a lot of it in just one week and need to get back to where I was, I just cant find that state of mind at all :(
Any tips or support is very much appreciated xxx

Replies

• dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    Start getting back on track one day at a time. Get out for some exercise whether its the gym or a walk in the park. Making yourself feel good from exercise will help motivate to get back on track! Don't give up!!
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    User IOzzO posted this earlier today and I think it will help you:

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    and forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What! You went over your points a bit,
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done,
    that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

:flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    That is precisely why I don't stop tracking no matter how ugly it is. I know myself. If I stop I won't start again. That is precisely what gets me out of bed for the gym. I know if I stop I won't start again.

Join a challenge like FAB FOURS. We start a 6 week challenge on Tuesday. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4539-fab-fours
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I'm like that too. The minute I "relax" about logging or what I eat, it takes forever to get the motivation to get back on the horse. Sorry, no advice, but just to let you know, you are not the only one who loses focus once you've gone astray. I am currently trying to get back on as well.:grumble:
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had sort of the same thing happen after I came back from a week off. Just start doing something, anything - even if it's just half your normal work out. You'll soon get back into it. Mentally you'll feel much better even if you have just made some sort of token effort. These minor victories can make a world of difference!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Think long and hard about all the work it took to lose that weight! Start by doing small things...maybe go for a nice walk tonight?
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Go for a nice long brisk walk. While you are walking, think about how good it feels to be healthy and energetic. While you are walking, think about a delicious healthy meal(s) you enjoyed before you went on vacation; plan your next few meals. Just making the effort to get up and be active will make you feel better.

I also find it really, really hard to get motivation back after taking too many days off - I bet lots of us do!

You can do it! :wink:
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    It's easy to lose motivation - it's easy to be lazy. That why I have failed in the past so much. To me being able to write what I've eaten and stay within my goal after exercise propels me to not let up. :)
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I would just try to replace one bad habit a day with a good one you
    had before and probably within a week you`ll be back to your old motivated self :)