Hi.. So.. I have a question...

Options

Replies

• Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Krisstah, go into your settings and select SODIUM also. I just checked your food diary and you only have 4 items selected. Hope you don't mind me taking a peak. :smooched:

nope i dont, and i will do that now :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My first week I didnt lose anything. :) But, then, its not a race. You are more likely to keep it off if you take it off slowly.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i think you are doing fine 2lbs in 1 week is GOOD!!!!

most ppl who drop weight fast in the beginning its just water weight...you may not have had any excess water weight to drop :) just dont give up or get discouraged...slow and steady wins the weightloss race :)

ohh and i might suggest by looking at your diary to eat at your calorie level and eat back some of your exercise calories...i seen a few days way under your calorie goal....your body may need a bit more fuel than you think
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    hi am 12 years old i am obse i am not supose to be i am tryin to lose weight before school so nobody can tease me but i need fruits and every thing i am not losing nothing what can i do can sombody help me i really do not want to hav dieabates i dont have money to buy these stuff

I'd talk to your parents, I'm sure theyd support you in trying to be healthier. I'd give my right arm for my 12 year old step daughter to come to me and say thats what she wants. Also check out sparkteens would be more appropriate for your weight group x
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about 80% what you eat, 10% exercise and 10% genetics. eating small meals every 2-3 hours helps to keep your blood sugar from dropping. I find one of the easiest ways for me to get my water down is to have a big glass of water before each meal (even snacks) ...that will get you off to a good start and I only drink water or tea and coffee no juices or sodas. alcohol is a planned splurge.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Just remember you did not put on the weight in a day, it wont come off in a day. My ticker shows what I have accomplished in 2 yrs (avg of about 5.87 lbs per month for that two year period - that is 1.4 lbs on avg per week)

It can happen - work hard, and dedicate to yourself
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    hi am 12 years old i am obse i am not supose to be i am tryin to lose weight before school so nobody can tease me but i need fruits and every thing i am not losing nothing what can i do can sombody help me i really do not want to hav dieabates i dont have money to buy these stuff

I'd talk to your parents, I'm sure theyd support you in trying to be healthier. I'd give my right arm for my 12 year old step daughter to come to me and say thats what she wants. Also check out sparkteens would be more appropriate for your age group x
  • Krisstah
    Options

most ppl who drop weight fast in the beginning its just water weight...you may not have had any excess water weight to drop :) just dont give up or get discouraged...slow and steady wins the weightloss race :)

ohh and i might suggest by looking at your diary to eat at your calorie level and eat back some of your exercise calories...i seen a few days way under your calorie goal....your body may need a bit more fuel than you think

Arent you supposed to be under your calorie goal? i thought you were suppose to stay in the green and have as many left over calories as possible =/ LOL
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Hi, kristah.... My name is Josh. I am new here, as you are. I am not a doctor, physician, or personal trainer, so I may be wrong with my advice, so please take it with a grain of salt. The website cannot to-a-t accurately calculate your body's ability to lose the weight. You may have more muscle mass than a usual person of your weight class would have, or your body chemically does not lose the weight easier. I would recommend enhancing and increasing your workout process, but not increasing calorie intake. I hope you succeed!!!! Greetings from Sacramento.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    1-2 lbs a week is really good. Keep going, you're doing great!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you didn't gain 20 pounds in a week don't expect to lose 20 pounds in a week. 2 lbs is fantastic.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a lot of forums the last few days, great success stories and what have you...
    But i have a question..

I see a lot of people talk about how the first bit of weight fell off so easily for them. sometimes even 20lbs in the first month.
    Now.. I have been using MFP all this week and sticking to my calories, And besides friday night and saturday night, ive been working out with my wii, the game just dance 2, for 30-60 min a day. I am on my feet as a dietary aid at a nursing home for 12 hours a day, when im working, giving up take out food and one treat on fridays only. I am measuring my portions with measuring cups and a digital scale. After my first week, ive only dropped 2lbs.. which seems kind of slow starting? =/ what am i doing wrong?

That is something I struggled with. But shooting for losing 1% of your body weight in a week is good. Also they may lose a big chunk at first but in a year be around the same lbs lost, it probably will average out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Arent you supposed to be under your calorie goal? i thought you were suppose to stay in the green and have as many left over calories as possible =/ LOL

No, you're supposed to get as close to the target as possible. And why are you LOLing at everything?
  • HaileyReann
    Options
    Also, make sure to weigh in FIRST thing in the morning AFTER you have went to the restroom and BEFORE you even drink water or coffee or ANYTHING! HUGE imortance of this is that it is your ACTUAL body weight.
  • Krisstah
    Options
    Hi, kristah.... My name is Josh. I am new here, as you are. I am not a doctor, physician, or personal trainer, so I may be wrong with my advice, so please take it with a grain of salt. The website cannot to-a-t accurately calculate your body's ability to lose the weight. You may have more muscle mass than a usual person of your weight class would have, or your body chemically does not lose the weight easier. I would recommend enhancing and increasing your workout process, but not increasing calorie intake. I hope you succeed!!!! Greetings from Sacramento.

well i probably will down the road, i guess i picked this dancing with my wii because of a few road blocks health wise, and this seemed like the best choice at the time for getting some excersize as apposed to nothing. it seems to work out the same as going for an hour walk, which i never seem motivated or.
  • Krisstah
    Options

No, you're supposed to get as close to the target as possible. And why are you LOLing at everything?

I am laughing at myself.. because it seems my understanding of how the goals are suppose to work were wrong.. i always assumed that if i was eating my 3 meals and it went over my calories, putting me in the negative, i had to work out to bring those calories back into the green
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    don't be impatient. 2lbs a week is the healthy max weight loss per week actually, just stick with it.
  • 1992cmw
    1992cmw Posts: 19
    Options
    Actually your are doing fine. It is really recommend that a person lose no more than 2lbs a week. Your metabolism is still probably really slow! The slower you lose weight the harder it is to gain back. Remember everyone is different.

Edit: Also, you need to be eating 6 meals a day without going 4 hours not eating. That will increase your metabolism. How many calories did MFP recommend?
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Trust me, losing weight slow is a GOOD thing. You're more likely to keep it off then :)
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong, 2lbs is great, my first weeks on here I lost 2lb a week consistently, then it dropped down to 1lb/less a week, you just have to stick with it, some people who lose a lot of weight at the start have a lot of weight to lose, compared to someone (for example) who needs to lose 10lbs.