Low Calorie Baked Egg Cups

Options
kerr2010
kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
I'm not sure if someone has posted this one yet, but I tried it this morning for breakfast and it was delicious (and filling)

EggCup.jpg

1 eggs

1 thin slices of lean deli meat (turkey, ham, pastrami etc.)

1 tablespoon of your favorite cheese (parmesan, cheddar, swiss etc.)

1 tablespoon diced scallions or red onion

Fresh cracked Sea Salt and Pepper (you could try other spices too)

Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay a piece of deli meat in each hole creating a little cup. Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the egg for about 12 minutes…until the white is firm and the yolk is still nice and runny. Carefully remove each egg from the muffin tin and top with grated cheese and scallions. Serve hot! Serve with a slice of whole wheat toast and even a side of asparagus for a good for you breakfast.

Replies

• Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yummy bump
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yum! Don't suppose they reheat well, if I made 6 at at time (my smallest muffin tin is a half dozen)...????
  • cheetararocks
    Options
    Yum!!! I am so gonna make this. :)
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I made just one in the muffin tin today. I think if you tried to reheat them the yoke wouldn't be runny. I know you can buy single silicone cupcake liners then you could do one at a time in the oven or in the microwave if you were in a hurry.
    Yum! Don't suppose they reheat well, if I made 6 at at time (my smallest muffin tin is a half dozen)...????
  • shercoup
    shercoup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Samantha2118
    Samantha2118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bumping for later- thanks for sharing! When you only make one in a 6 cup muffin tin, do you put anything in the other 5 cups? I was told once that I had to fill the others with water.... I think it was to make sure there is "even heating"- but why would that matter?
  • cheetararocks
    Options
    Just made some in souffle cups - deeelishus but rich. I think I might try cutting up the meat and leaving it in the bottom of the cup (cuz otherwise this wouldn't all fit) and adding salsa or frozen spinach to it.